Job Title: National Director of Outreach (NDO)
Reports to: VP of Growth and Development
FSLA Status: Exempt
The NDO will lead Alsana’s entire outreach team and drive revenue growth by increasing referral partner inquiry and admission volume. The NDO will lead the outreach team to execute in all stages of the outreach sales process to strengthen Alsana’s loyal referral base. This position is expected to coach and manage the outreach team to targets, develop training curriculum, as well as implement systems that continue to refine performance. The NDO will collaborate regularly with marketing on brand positioning initiatives as well as execution of regional and national conferences, hosted events, and sponsorship's to support Alsana’s thought leadership and market position. This position will partner with the National Executive Director of Growth and Regional Executive Directors on quality assurance for referral partner experience in the admissions process as well as treatment process. The NDO reports directly to the Vice President of Growth and Development and regularly provides insight into growth opportunities in new markets, strategic plans, and evaluation of each outreach team member’s performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the VP of Growth and Development on target setting for inquiry volume, admission volume, and annual loyal portfolio size of each Outreach Director.
- Lead and manage the outreach team to achieve target in the above listed three KPIs.
- Collaborate with each Regional Executive Director on outreach tailoring outreach execution in each region.
- Execute the Alsana outreach sales process in existing markets and new markets.
- Coach the outreach team on referral partner personas, plays, templates, and scripts
- Execute regional hosted events as well as outreach initiatives at regional and national conferences to position Alsana and Alsana leadership as a thought leader in the industry.
- Lead and facilitate collaboration between regional outreach teams, admissions, and clinical teams to ensure quality assurance for each referral partner to Alsana.
- Implement tracking systems and reporting capabilities that provide insight into regional outreach performance and forecast census growth.
- Develop and refine outreach training manuals and onboarding plans.
- Advise the VP of Growth and Develop on new markets that are desirable for Alsana.
- In collaboration with VP of Growth and Development monitor and distribute budgets to the Regional Outreach Directors on a quarterly basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree in business, marketing, psychology, counseling psychology, or social work is preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the behavioral healthcare industry with specific experience in outreach or sales required. Familiarity with the eating disorder treatment landscape is required.
- Experience in the development, initiation, maintenance, and revision of reporting measures and budgets. Familiarly with Salesforce is preferred.
- Experience evaluating and auditing outreach/field sales infrastructure to identify operational issues and recommend and implement strategies to resolve.
- Strong project management skills, to include managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects, and reporting progress and risks to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and collaborate with management on growth opportunities and developing practical business solutions.
- Computer Skills – Must be PC literate with proficiency in spreadsheets, database software and word processing. Experience working in a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, required.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills - Must be able to read, write and speak fluently and effectively in English. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the board of directors, management, staff, patients, vendors, and the general public. Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task required.
Attendance and Punctuality – Employee has reliable attendance and is punctual, adhering to their work and appointment schedules. The employee maintains accurate time records and makes every attempt to limits the need for overtime.
Quality and Efficiency of Work – Employee accurately completes assigned work within the timeline designated, while making efficient use of the organization’s resources. Employee participates in all organizational performance improvement initiatives.
Professionalism – Employee upholds client confidentiality and maintains professional boundaries, demeanor, dress and interaction with clients, family members, visitors and co-workers. The employee strives to provide outstanding customer service and promote a positive reputation for the organization.
Ethical and Legal Compliance – Employee performs all duties to the highest ethical standard and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices and standards of patient care. The employee complies with all standards established by the Department of Mental Health and any other agency accrediting the organization.
Employee Partnership – Employee maintains collaborative peer relationships and demonstrates courtesy and respect of others. The employee acts as a role model by displaying enthusiasm, positive problem solving and commitment to help both co-workers and the organization reach its’ goals.
From the Latin roots meaning “all” or “total health,” Alsana offers a new philosophy of care centered on our clients’ full well-being. We address the aspects of eating disorders that often go untreated in traditional recovery programs.
Our culture is built on servant leadership, which places the client at the center of our model. We also focus on caring for and empowering our teams so they can equally care for and empower our clients.
Our culture creates a working environment of communication, collaboration, compassion and integrity—all of which are necessary to craft unique treatment plans tailored to our clients’ needs and outcomes.