Structural Engineering Intern
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Alpine is seeking a Structural Engineering Intern to join our team.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.Job Description
The Structural Engineering Intern for ITW, Alpine, will focus on the subject of metal connected wood truss design for residential and non-residential construction. This person will work closely with our engineering leadership team to better understand truss design and how to load trusses per customer specifications. In addition, this person will dig deeper into our engineering process to provide an outside in perspective to understand how we can better serve our customers, simplify our engineering processes and allow us to be more effective on a day-to-day basis.
- Work within our custom truss design and engineering software.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering teams in locations across the US.
- Utilize engineering knowledge and workflow to better understand and define engineering activities.
- Basic understating of roof and floor trusses for residential construction.
- Proper loading and understating of commercial and residential prefabricated trusses.
- Workflow understanding of engineering processes.
- Typical construction practices and types of prefabricated trusses.
- Rising Senior (1 year remining after the internship).
- Established progression through an accredited Structural Engineering program.
- An interest in residential and small to mid-sized commercial construction.
- Ability to adapt to different learning styles and platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Suite of products including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Desire to become a certified Professional Engineer.
- Openminded and willingness to learn.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
AddressEarth City, MO
EngineeringView all jobs at Alpine
Get fresh Intern Structural Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.