High School Diploma
Experience providing ABA therapy to children with autism in a school or home environment
Reports to: Social Skills Coordinator and Director for Alpine's Center for Autism
Be of good moral character
Ability to successfully complete the Alpine Learning Group training program
Good problem solving, organizational, oral and written communication skills
Facility with educational technology (e.g. tablets, computers)
Competence with behavior schedules and treatment modalities
Ability to work with diverse individuals and needs
Ability to implement and monitor educational plans
Compliance with Federal, State Personnel Code requirements, including but not
limited to Mantoux TB test, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Review, Citizenship
Status and P.L. 2018, c.5 if hired after June 1, 2018.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
Some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires sitting, walking and standing. The employee must have the strength and agility to assist with movement of learners during crisis intervention.
- Identifies target goals for each learner in assigned social skills group
- Develops plans for teaching and reinforcing target goals for each learner in assigned group
- Creates and implements motivation systems for each learner and/or group
- Provides weekly summaries and goals to work on for parents of learner in assigned group
- Writes and provides progress reports to parents of learners in assigned group following each 10-week session interval
- Collects pre and post test data collection for each of the learners in the assigned group.
- Manage and organize education and teaching materials specific to the assigned group
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment within the classroom and school wide
- Demonstrates professional behavior (e.g., timeliness and professional attire)
- Participates in scheduled staff meetings and trainings pertaining to social skills groups
- Responds and reports emergencies in accordance with Alpine Learning Group's policies and procedures
- Assists the Director of Outreach Services with developing curriculum for social skills groups
- Performs additional duties as directed by supervisors.