Alpine Building Performance, LLC is seeking an experienced home inspector to keep up with the fast past and growing demands of Denver’s Home Inspection Industry needs. This team member will be a crucial part of many aspects of the business and have tremendous opportunity to grow with the company. We are looking for a self-starter that’s eager to build and grow their reputation for the highest quality of customer service, accurate and thorough reporting, and a modern, clean approach to the industry through our brand. Please visit our website at www.alpinebuildingperformance.com for more information about our business.
Title: Home Inspector
Company: Alpine Building Performance, LLC is a home inspection provider serving Denver Metro communities. We understand that buying a home is one of the most important financial investments of our client’s lives. Our commitment is to provide them with a positive experience built upon trusting, professional, and friendly relationships. Our business is growing rapidly (we grew our revenue by 137% in 2019 compared to 2018).
The Owner is an InterNACHI certified professional Home Inspector, Home Energy Auditor and BPI Building Analyst. He holds a B.S in Building Science and Construction Management from Appalachian State University and continues to build on 10 years of experience in the home building, home inspection, remodeling and energy efficiency consulting industries. In this position, you will be working side by side getting top-notch training and guidance as you help grow the company. ABP is bringing a modern approach to the industry, while retaining timeless values and quality home inspections.
Location: The position is primarily field based and will require a significant amount of travel within the Denver Metro Area. Operations will be conducted from Denver’s one and only construction focused co-working space, Tradecraft Industries. Your employment will include a membership to Tradecraft and all the perks it has to offer. Located at 6145 Broadway Denver, CO 80216, remote work also an option after developing an understanding of our processes and quality standards.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Two year’s experience in the home inspection industry
- Must either currently be an InterNACHI or ASHI certified professional Home Inspector
- Ability to pass all employment screening (Required to authorize background and driving record check)
- Effective use of personal computer and Windows operating system, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) – Prior knowledge of Google Apps and Dropbox experience a plus but will be required
- Must be able to learn and effectively use Spectora Reporting software producing timely, thorough and error free reports. Training on the software will be provided.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in small team with sometimes very limited direction
- Ability to make a good impression on customers through professionalism, communication, efficiency, problem solving, and expertise on home inspections
- Ability to climb ladders, go into attics and underneath the client’s home, stand for long periods of time, work in small spaces as well as occasionally climb onto roofs
- Must have a focus on executing all home inspection procedures in a manner that is safe to the employee and all individuals present for the home inspection
- Availability to occasionally work evenings and weekends to meet inspection demand
- A great attitude, good presence, and energy
- Have the aptitude and mental ability to problem solve and conduct professional conversations with real estate agents and customers
- Strong attention to detail. Punctual.
- Understand the importance of quality and consistent customer service
- Must have reliable vehicle, maintain it in a clean and professional manner, with registration up to date. Must be able to transport equipment for the jobs, i.e. ladders and tools
- The position may require a significant amount of local travel within the Denver Metro Area
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license, a clean driving record and auto insurance
- Must be comfortable working in a startup environment
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with energy auditing and/or green building
- Experience with home performance diagnostic equipment including blower doors, and thermal imaging (infrared) camera
- Demonstrate a high energy level and ability to engage others
- Ability to work in fast paced setting with constant change and different responsibilities
- Able to handle a demanding schedule and communicate your own needs
- Understand and thrive in a small business under the guidance of a sole entrepreneur
- Sales experience a plus
What We offer:
- Health Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tools and equipment required for the role
- Membership to Tradecraft Industries.
- Opportunity to grow and build an already successful brand and business
- Paid Training and certifications required for the job
- Paid vacations and Holidays
- Salary commensurate with experience