- Expired: May 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Specialist will manage the company’s field inventory including instruments, implants, disposables for a specific region. Performs preoperative and postoperative equipment management and is responsible for tracking, replenishing, and inspection of surgical sets and inventory. This position is responsible for ensuring assets are properly managed and utilized in the territory and that all surgeries are equipped with required needs from an inventory perspective.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Works closely with Distributor, Surgeons, and Operating Room Personnel, Central Processing, and Biomedical and other personnel
- Partners closely with the Field Operations and Customer Service team of the OEM
- Tracks Distributor surgery schedule, assigns consigned sets and orders loaner sets via Customer Service when appropriate
- Responsible for swapping out consigned torque wrenches every 6 months
- Responsible for managing expiration dates of product and returning/swapping out accordingly
- Responsible for tracking replenishment and ensuring all consigned sets are stocked appropriately
- Responsible for returning loaner sets on time or requesting extensions when required
- Transporting and moving sets amongst hospitals
- Supports and executes inter-field transfer requests
- Coordinates and leads yearly field audit
- Sets up and manages local courier requests
- Maintains a knowledge base of instrument and implant systems through OEM Spine education training programs
- Adheres to procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance of products
- Analyzes and resolves both routine and non-routine product issues expediently
- Solves product problems for customers in an expeditious manner
- Provides on-call service and support when required
- Performs other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet applications
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team focused environment
- Ability to travel approximately 10 percent of the time
Bachelor’s degree in related field
For roles based in the United States that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
ATEC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state or local laws. Further, ATEC will make reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with disability discrimination laws.
BusinessView all jobs at Alphatec Spine