Alphanumeric is hiring a DATA ANALYST - Data Migration Specialist – to work in Upper Providence, Collegeville, PA with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Global Pack Management is implementing a new label creation system, and the approved label content must be transferred from the existing system to the new system. The Data Migration Specialists will be responsible for the migration process for all phases including extracting, transforming and loading data from one system to another ensuring accurate recreation and approval of previously approved label content, used for clinical supplies.
- Ensure Data Entry is accurate and completed within appropriate timelines and GMP requirements.
- Work closely with Data Migration team lead to recreate master label content within GMP systems according to existing processes and procedures.
- Perform quality critical checks of label in content produced in various languages within the required timelines
- Motivated to self-assign core tasks, prioritizing and completing as part of a wider team with minimal supervision/ input.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed within specified timeframe and accurate at all times.
- Ensuring all milestones and deliverables are met in each migration phase from Extraction, Transformation and Load until Go-Live of the new label creation system.
- Ensure full compliance with all written GMP standards and processes.
- Participates in other project work as required to support changing business requirements and resourcing requirements.
- Proactively look for and identify areas for improvement within the tasks assigned.
• Ability to work between multiple GMP IT software systems, adapt to changing systems.
• Strong knowledge of cGMP requirements and regulatory requirements.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Adobe tools.
• Agile learner, able to train and onboard in new IT system software.
• Data migration project experience.
• Able to manage own time and workload priorities, self motivated
• Good understanding of clinical supplies packaging, labeling and distribution along with related documentation.
• A proven track record showing an excellent degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
• The ability to work effectively with others to meet timelines, business goals and objectives.
• Excellent project management and communication skills.
Comprehensive deskside, lounge or remote troubleshooting and support for all PC user-computing hardware.
MacIntosh experience and iPad/iPhone troubleshooting
Strong troubleshooting skills regard PC hardware and standard PC productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business. Proficiency with Windows 7 and 10.
Extensive experience providing high quality, face-to-face support to end users.
Physically capable of lifting/handling PC related hardware including packaging and deployment of build PC devices to appropriate locations on site.
Capable to work methodically and without supervision. Ability to work to timescales and deadlines to meet demand
Knowledge of Remedy or other incident management ticketing software.