Sr. Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The Sr. Systems Administrator reports to the Sr. Manager, Systems Administration & Engineering. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing systems administration and maintenance duties supporting the UNIX AIX , VMware, AWS and Windows server operating environments, management of Active Directory, and troubleshooting network connectivity and performance issues. Additionally, this person will be expected to perform system performance analysis and remediation, and systems design improvements. This role also serves as a technical escalation point for the Help Desk. Other duties will include working with and supporting other Infrastructure Team members responsible for other aspects of the enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Monitoring the availability of the IT environment and maintenance of the Infrastructure.
- Perform scheduled systems / network configuration changes (SW/HW).
- Work with IT Helpdesk to resolve issues.
- Perform onsite and remote data center support / maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring proper completion of server backups.
- Maintain/update alphabroder IT standard operating and escalation procedures, and other IT documentation as directed by management.
- Prepare IT network and systems performance reports and operating statistics as directed by management.
- Manage inventory of IT equipment and assets
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 8+ years client/server/network experience
- Knowledge and 5 years experience with Windows Server 2016/2012/2008, Exchange Server 2010/2007, and Exchange Online.
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS (5 years experience)
- Knowledge and experience with Unix - IBM AIX
- Experience with VMWare ESX virtual server platforms
- Familiarity with AWS - IAM, EC2, EFS, S3, CloudWatch platforms
- Experience with SAN and NAS technologies such as, Nimble, EMC, HP 3PAR, NetApp, etc.
- Experience with system backups solutions and technologies
- Familiarity with switch and router technologies and configurations
- Working knowledge of IT network and systems monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Proven skills in troubleshooting and resolving problems with a large-scale IT distributed systems of over 500 users.
- Ability to analyze and determine root cause and escalate to IT management, as needed, for timely resolution of IT network and systems outages
- Ability to compile operating data/statistics and prepare performance reports
- Knowledge and experience supporting a Voice over IP Phone Environment
- Desktop experience (Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft Project a plus)
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent vocational training or experience
- A strong background working in an IT Operations environment is recommended.
- Familiarity with change management practices in an IT operating environment
- Familiarity with IT network security practices
- Must be flexible with extended hours and possible shift changes to cover for vacation/sick days.
- May require ability to work at night, off-hours, holidays, and weekends (on-call rotation)
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Participate in emergency on-call rotation.
- Ability to work with internal IT clients of varying abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Server as mentor to junior technicians
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-starting; willingness to take personal initiative and lead others
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
ab| Prime is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review EEO is the Law EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. ab|Prime participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. E-Verify Participation Poster (English and Spanish) Right to Work Poster .
alphabroder supplies imprintable apparel and accessories to screenprinters, embroiderers, promotional products distributors, athletic dealers and other businesses.
alphabroder is the union of our six brands; Alpha Shirt, Ash City, Bodek and Rhodes, Broder Bros., NES Clothing and Imprints Wholesale, combining decades of experience in the promotional apparel industry.
We're very excited to come to you as alphabroder - one brand, with one clear direction and one simple purpose: to consistently deliver to you the best, most complete assortment of promotional apparel products.
alphabroder - one brand for every one.
TechnologyView all jobs at Alphabroder
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?