The Graphic Design Specialist at AlphaGraphics will complete print and digital design projects, which will include but is not limited to marketing campaign assets such as mailers, digital ads, social media artwork, GIFs, infographics, flyers, and emails; conference and event design such as exhibit design, directional signage, PPT layouts, awards booklets, and program books; website design support such as landing page layout and banner ads; publication design such as white papers, eBooks, and case studies; and other miscellaneous projects.
This is an exciting time to be a part of AlphaGraphics as we prepare to refresh our brand identity and celebrate our 50th anniversary. The Graphic Design Specialist will play a key role in implementing the new brand guidelines into our visual communications and marketing materials.
The Graphic Design Specialist design and produces arts copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as books, magazines, newspapers, television, electronic media, flyers, brochures and packaging by performing the following duties
What we Expect of You
- Play a key role in the implementation and maintenance of new brand/style guide into all visual communication and marketing materials. Help educate and consult AlphaGraphics staff and centers on new branding.
- Be the key focal point for the AlphaGraphic Network for everything concerning communication guidelines and key visuals
- Conceptualize, design, and present the design look/feel for all marketing campaigns. Designs should be compelling and aim to enhance the marketing message.
- Stay current with web, design, email marketing, print, and digital advertising trends to push the brand forward and maintain relevance
- Perform a high-volume production of creative work as assigned by marketing team
- Be fully integrated with both Campaign Manager and Content Strategist to ensure the artwork will always fit within the campaign strategy and tone of voice
- Prioritizes, tracks, handles, and maintain records of the elements, costs and time schedules of multiple projects.
- Consults with supervisor to evaluate individual project needs.
- Selects, supervises, and obtains cost estimates from outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, paper suppliers, or printers.
- Presents design samples and mockups to supervisor for selection and approval.
- Manages work process with outside vendors, including providing instruction, reviewing proofs, providing recommendations, and presenting final proofs to supervisor for approval.
- Prepares final layout for print or digital assets Reviews quality of final product before release.
- Maintains image resource files.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design required, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a related field (we care less about your degree than we do your experience and portfolio work).
A portfolio that demonstrates your skills across a variety of mediums and platforms
Strong graphic design and asset creation experience
Experience implementing and maintaining company brand/style guide is strongly preferred
Fluent in Adobe Create Suite, especially inDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop
Strong sense for layout, composition, typography, and color
Adaptable, quick learner, and solid time management skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Or two to four years related experience and/or training
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Positive, can-do attitude; eager to take on new projects
Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
Strong numeracy and problem-solving skills
Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
What we are committed to giving you:
- A competitive starting Base Salary and bonus program with salary increases based on performance
- Training and ongoing support from all levels of management
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, HSA, disability and life insurance, as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program
- Paid Vacation and all Major Holidays
Who we are:
AlphaGraphics Inc. is committed to maintaining and demonstrating our commitment to high ethical standards and compliance with the performance of the Company’s internal controls. Every employee is responsible to continually demonstrate this commitment through their words and actions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.