Regional IT Support Specialist - Level 1
- Expired: October 31, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
FULL TIME - REGIONAL IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST - LEVEL 1 - ALPHABEST EDUCATION, LAKE RIDGE, VA 22192
AlphaBEST is where adventure begins. It's where teaching to the test ends and teaching to life begins. For elementary-age students who bring their curiosity into our extended day program, AlphaBEST delivers. We are the premier provider of afterschool programming that focuses on connecting children to the world around them. From art and culture to robotics and STEM-based curriculum, we have fun creating a learning environment for our explorers seeking adventure. How can we have so much fun? We use technology and lots of it! And we are looking for "techy" people to keep the fun going. Could that be you? If you answer "yes" to these questions, then this might be the opportunity you are looking for:
Do you love teaching others about complex issues in a simple way?
Are you a problem solver?
Are you the one people call when they have a tech issue because you fix things?
Can you work by yourself?
Can you work well with others?
Have you ever built your own computer?
The Regional IT Support Specialist provides a wide range of technical assistance to all AlphaBEST employees and programs by using a variety of cloud-based management, administrative, and SaaS tools. This person fully supports the technological needs of their regional office as well as the sites within their region.
- Within assigned region, ensure a streamlined workflow and quick turnaround on all new and open technical support tickets
- Remotely configure and manage devices as needed
- Supports the hardware and use of the wireless network(s) at assigned location(s). Works with Network & Security Administrator to ensure all policies are followed, and wireless network remains strong and secure
- Setup and troubleshoot printers and other hardware devices whether locally or within a networked environment
- Frequently travel to assigned program sites to troubleshoot and repair tech issues that may include hardware such as iPads, printing/copying equipment, phones, computer hardware, wireless network, etc.
- Oversee tech operations and make repairs within assigned area (with direct oversight from IT management) to maximize continuity of business operations and minimize disruptions
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to and between programs at a moment's notice
- Strong understanding of Windows, Apple, Android, and iOS operating systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and GSuite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of basic knowledge of PC hardware, wireless setup, and printers.
- Proven success in time management and meeting project deadlines
- Comfortable working individually and in team settings
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Proven experience working with technology with an emphasis on support and repairs
- Technical certifications are a plus but not required
AlphaBEST Education, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at AlphaBEST Education, Inc.