Group Leader - Before and After School Care
AlphaBEST Education, Inc. Stevensville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
GROUP LEADER - BEFORE AND/OR AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM- PART-TIME
Want a job where you don't have to work nights or weekends? Want to gain experience while accommodating a college class schedule? Do you have a passion for learning? Do you desire to make a difference in the life of a child and spark excitement into the learning process? If so, the Group Leader position at our programs in Queen Anne County is perfect for you! We offer teacher training, competitive salary, and special discounted rates for employee's children. We are currently seeking staff for our Before School and After School programs working approximately 25-30 hours per week. Morning hours are from 7:30 am - 9:00 am. The after school program hours are 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
Our goal is to inspire young minds to see the world as a place brimming with possibilities for discovery. The Group Leader assists the Site Director with the implementation of a high quality program, which promotes curiosity, creativity and a love of learning. The Group Leader delivers lessons and facilitates learning by maintaining a healthy, safe, warm and engaging learning environment, in accordance with state regulations. Our unique curriculum is designed to be actively engaging for children and "teacher friendly", for ease of delivery.
If you thrive in an environment that promotes success through creativity, innovation, collaboration and fun, you will jump at this challenge. Come be a part of an awesome team of committed individuals with a passion for children and learning.
In this exciting role, you'll be trained and have the chance to do the following:
- Plan and facilitate core programming to advance the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of children.
- Work collaboratively with peers, share program-related information and share in collective tasks.
- Encourage creativity and intellectual curiosity by building on the student's interests and talents.
- Follow licensing regulations/standards, such as reporting child incidents and proper health and hygiene procedures.
- Continuously monitor environment, including outside play areas to maintain a safe and healthy site.
- Provide a caring family-oriented environment where positive staff, child, and parent relationships are fostered.
Here's what you'll need:
- High school diploma, certificate of high school equivalency
- Successful completion of at least 6 credits from an accredited college or university
- 1 year of experience working with children in an approved setting, (registered child care home, licensed child care center, nursery school, church-operated school, or similar setting)
- 1 year of experience as a registered family child care provider
- 1 year of college (30 semester hours)
- Combination of experience and college that equals 1 year
In addition, you will need:
- 90 Hour School Age Certificate
- Ability to motivate and engage children and manage behavioral challenges.
- Serves as a positive role model; must be enthusiastic, energetic, creative and sensitive to children.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing needs.
- Good judgement and sound decision making.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
SALARY: AlphaBEST offers a competitive salary based on education and experience.
Visit our website at: www.alphabest.org to learn more about AlphaBEST and the exciting learning environment we offer.
AlphaBEST Education, Inc.
EducationView all jobs at AlphaBEST Education, Inc.