Childcare Provider- Afterschool Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Part-Time Group Leader- Afterschool Teacher, Hillsboro, OR
Location: Brookwood Elementary
In this exciting role, you'll be trained and have the chance to do the following:
- Plan and facilitate core programming to advance the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of children
- Work collaboratively with peers, share program-related information and share in collective tasks
- Encourage creativity and intellectual curiosity by building on the student's interests and talents
- Follow licensing regulations/standards, such as reporting child incidents and proper health and hygiene procedures
- Continuously monitor the environment, including outside play areas to maintain a safe and healthy site
- Provide a caring family-oriented environment where positive staff, child, and parent relationships are fostered
Monday-Friday afternoons from 2:30pm-6:15pm.
Here's what you'll need:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, and be a least 18 years old
- Ability to motivate and engage children and manage behavioral challenges
- Serves as a positive role model; must be enthusiastic, energetic, creative and sensitive to children
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing needs
- Good judgment and sound decision making
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children
- Must be registered and have full clearance from the Oregon Office of Child Care CBR (Central Background Registry)
- Providing proof of experience through one of the following options:
- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA in related field)
- Associate's Degree (AS/AA in related field)
- A 1 year state or nationally recognized credential (related to school-age care)
- Completion of 20 credits (semester system) or 30 credits (quarter system) of training at a college/university AND at least 1 year of qualifying teaching experience in a Certified Child Care Center (or comparable group care program)
- 2 or more years of qualifying teaching experience (with at least one year as a teacher) in a Certified Child Care Center (or comparable group care program)
Check out our website at: www.alphabest.org to learn more about AlphaBEST and the exciting learning environment we offer. Learning and fun work together here. See for yourself... https://youtu.be/7rWrOYTPkLE
AlphaBEST Education, Inc.
EducationView all jobs at AlphaBEST Education, Inc.