Customer Service Representative
Alpha Surgical Inc North Providence, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Alpha Surgical Inc is a Home Medical Equipment and Supply store established in 1995 seeking a full time Customer Service Rep to work in a Retail Healthcare Setting.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and be motivated to work in a fast-paced environment answering customer calls and assisting with retail customer walk-ins, throughout the shift. Additionally, candidates must possess and/or be willing to learn and memorize all aspects of insurance coverage requirements on products being offered.
- Customer Service experience/knowledge in the Home Medical Equipment industry, 1 year (required)
- Computer and Phone Communication Skills, 2 years (required)
- Healthcare, 1 year (required)
- Bilingual Spanish (plus)
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday and alternating Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm.
Full Job Description
Customer Service Representative
Maximizes retail sales by providing impeccable customer service that exceeds customer expectations by maintaining knowledge of Company policies, procedures, and products.
• Greets customers entering the establishment.
• Receives Company approved methods of payment for inventory purchased or rented.
• Issues receipts and change due to customers, when applicable.
• Issues refunds or account credits due to customers with management approval.
• Talks with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for delivery, pick-up, discontinuance, maintenance or changes in service.
• Fills out order forms, determines charges and coverage for service requested, collects co-pays, and inserts data into information system.
• Maintains clean and orderly retail showroom and checkout areas.
• Replenish adequate inventory stock levels when products are sold and, ensure products are priced correctly with label software.
• Studies data describing new products to assist customers with appropriate product selection.
• Compiles data on equipment and supplies preferred by customers.
• Advises customers of equipment appropriate for their needs based on technical knowledge of products.
• Measure clients for appropriate sizes with off the shelf (ready to wear) compression stockings and other orthotic products.
• Displays or demonstrates products, using samples or catalogs, and emphasizes sellable features.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customers, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into company database.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
• Participates in Improvement of Operational Performance (IOP) activities.
• Participates in traditional and e-learning programs.
• Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Works effectively with other company employees, managers, and departments.
• Performs all job functions with Company Mission, Vision, and Goal Statements in mind.
Education, Certificate, and Licensure
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three months industry related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. No professional certificate or licensure required, although preferred.
Must demonstrate proficient ability and practical knowledge of computers, software, and products applicable to the industry. Additionally, the applicant is expected to demonstrate the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental program structure (Mission, Vision, and
Goal Statements) and department policies and procedures. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as needed, and have the ability to demonstrate effective time management skills while working independently with minimal supervision.
Must demonstrate proficient ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic algebra and geometry to such tasks as calculating figures and amounts, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume to practical situations.
Language and Communication Ability
Must demonstrate proficient ability to foster professional working relationships utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills organization-wide. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations and effectively present and debate any assortment of information relevant to their area of expertise and designated responsibilities and duties with members of the Company and on behalf of the Company when appropriate.
Additionally, the applicant must demonstrate the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Must demonstrate the ability to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, which may include but is not limited to: computers, fax and copy machines, and other office supplies. Requires stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone; manual dexterity to perform job functions and stamina to frequently sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Additionally, the employee is occasionally required to walk and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must demonstrate proficient ability to understand, interpret, and apply an extensive array of complex mathematical instruction and information through analytical collection of factual data to produce logical solutions and/or conclusions where only limited standardization exists.
Must demonstrate proficient personal computer use, cash register use, and knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and accounting software. Additionally, the applicant must demonstrate the ability to quickly and proficiently learn to use company specific software programs and any other handheld or technology tools as required for completing job tasks.
Must demonstrate proficiency and productivity in a fast paced environment with unscheduled interruptions while maintaining acceptable judgment, responsibility, and assumption for decisions, consequences, and results. Applicant must demonstrate good organization, time management, and communication skills. Occasionally an adjusted work schedule is required to accommodate company needs.
This job description has been identified as having potential risk of occupational exposure to hazardous chemicals, blood, or other potentially infectious materials. During the performance of some job duties it may be required that the following personal protective equipment (PPE) be worn:
• Eye and Face Protection
• Gowns, Aprons, and Other Body Clothing
• Hand Protection
• N95 Respirator
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
All customers and staff are required to wear a mask if not fully vaccinated.
Alpha Surgical Inc
1894 Smith StNorth Providence, RI
BusinessView all jobs at Alpha Surgical Inc