We are currently seeking a full time experienced Cutter Operator for one of our clients located in the city of Los Alamitos Ca. This is a full time position M-F from 8-5 pm. If you think you're a good fit for this position Apply Now for Immediate consideration!!
The cutter Operator is responsible for set ups, adjusting and operating all cutting equipment to prepare product to be collated or bound, ensuring the meeting of customer specifications, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review job tickets and plan work process to ensure meeting of customer specifications.
- Set up assigned machine to specifications, obtain approval of set up and run product.
- Monitor assigned machine during run to ensure adherence to specifications. Unload machine and stack materials on carts Make adjustments as needed to maintain specifications and operating speed.
- Ensure the completion of jobs meeting quality and quantity requirements.
- Perform all required maintenance to machines according to departmental procedures.
- Troubleshoot machine problems, resolving if possible, notifying Lead Cutter or Manager as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Maintain clean work environment and good housekeeping at all times.
- Perform required paperwork, reports and inspections as required.
- Attend and participate in required safety meetings and training.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform job functions of General Workers as needed.
- Assist with training of General Workers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 6+ months minimum work experience as a General Worker in bindery operations
- 1+ years work experience as a Cutter Operator with thorough knowledge of bindery machinery operation
- Ability to read, write and comprehend written instructions and basic arithmetic functions
- 1+ years work experience in operating a Saber or Wallenberg cutter machine.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to different working situations in short periods of time.
- Must be organized and have the ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision required.
- Must be able to interact and cooperate with team members and show an enthusiastic/positive attitude.
- Must have ability to communicate (verbal/written) with team members and supervisors.
- Must be flexible in job shift assignments according to job bindery schedules, work overtime when required, and be able to cover other shifts when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand; walk. Must frequently use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; use close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; crawl; crouch; stoop; twist.
Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.