We are seeking a Medical Assistant (4158) to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
- Perform selected patient care tasks to assist in the care, examination, treatment of patients under the direction of physician or nurse supervisor.)
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures as directed. Support patients and their families and notify the charge nurse of changes in patient status.)
- Obtain vital signs, blood pressure, height, weight, EKGs, lab tests and record patient data.)
- Prepare examination rooms by setting up, cleaning, disinfecting and replenishing supplies.)
- Clean assigned areas, stock supplies and equipment as required. Provide assistance to other team members as needed.)
- Maintain respect to patient privacy rights, confidentiality and HIPAA directives.)
- Follow all policies and procedures related to assigned patient care and facility guidelines.)
- Must have certification as a MA
- Minimum of six months, within the past two years, of supervised clinical experience in the professional classification and each specialty in which you will be working.
- Minimum of two above average clinical references from supervisory or charge personnel.
- Completed clinical skill competency checklist for area of specialty.
- Successful score above 80% on a valid clinical proficiency test.
- Annual, current BCLS or appropriate Cardiac Life Support as needed for area of employment.
- Current statement of satisfactory health, including Hepatitis B documentation, negative Tuberculin test results or chest x-ray as required.