Position is working within mailroom
- Knowledge of data processing procedures.
- Answers telephone inquiries relating to the status of the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) client applications.
- Enters and formats data in preparation for computer updating of the information system.
- Extracts information from a computer-generated database.
- Performs clerical tasks related to the operation and updating of the on-line computer information systems and the application & documentation files.
- Maintains correspondence.
- Must be proficient in: 10 key calculators, personal computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, and all standard office equipment. Typing (keyboard test must = 40+ w.p.m.).
- Knowledge of the following to qualify for employment with the using agency: bookkeeping, office practices and procedures, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions and percentages.
- Six (6) months experience in a customer service environment and 6 months experience in electronic data input in a business office or educational environment. NOTE: The classification chosen shall be defined by the number of years of experience working with HEAP. For instance, if an employee is in their third year with HEAP, they would be brought in as a Clerical Specialist II. If they have no prior experience with HEAP, and this is their first assignment, they would be brought in as a Clerical Specialist I. Clerical Specialist I First Year Clerical Specialist II Second or Third Year Clerical Specialist III Four or more years