Machine Operator Night Shift
Alpha Packaging Bethlehem, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Are you a job seeker looking for a hands-on manufacturing job that encourages growth within the company? If so, then we want to talk to you about a full-time job with Alpha Packaging, a proud brand of Pretium!
We are currently seeking full-time Plastic Blow Mold Machine Operators.. The Machine Operator will troubleshoot, set up, operate, and perform maintenance at times on blow molding plastic production equipment while meeting job and quality specifications.
This is a NIGHT shift position, working a rotating, 12-hour shift. You will work every other weekend and may be required to work occasional overtime. Must be available to train on day shift for 12 weeks.
Alpha Packaging is a multi-national blow molding and related plastics technology organization known for its outstanding products and employees. As part of our continuing growth, we are looking for individuals who are looking for steady and predictable work that have the capacity to grow with our organization.
We offer the following compensation/benefits package:
- Starting wages commensurate with years of relevant experience and knowledge
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- FSA / HSA
- 401k Plans WITH 50% match up to 12% of base salary
- Tuition Reimbursement – job related courses
- Company paid life insurance, short-term & long-term disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
12-Hour Shifts: 7:00 pm – 7:00 am
Pay Rate: From $18.00-20.00 per hour and up, depending on experience. $1.00 night shift differential.
The Machine Operator will perform all tasks involved in the production of Alpha Packaging’s products. Machine Operators will operate and maintain assigned pieces of production equipment on a continuous basis to meet or exceed job standards and quality specifications. The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time and work professionally and independently. Follow Alpha’s standard of Safety, Housekeeping, Quality and Production in an efficient and safe manner as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily will be responsible for assigned production lines to ensure that product is produced in accordance with established quality and product standards. Must familiarize yourself with the daily production goals so they are achieved for each line assignment.
- Evaluate and discuss the operation of assigned machinery with the Machine Operator from the previous shift. Will operate and adjust production line equipment, in accordance with established production standards as well as perform preventative maintenance and report any problems.
- Machine Operators will perform quality checks on containers to ensure proper specifications are maintained. Document any problems or adjustments made to assigned machinery.
- Check and maintain defined levels of all raw materials used in production on assigned machinery. Keep all assigned machines and area neat and clean of debris.
- Follows plant specified job specifications and task lists. May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Must wear all required PPE properly.
- Conduct him/herself in a safe manner.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; advanced manufacturing tech training preferred.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude.
- 2+ years of experience in a plastics manufacturing environment preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a Machine Operator preferred
- Experience working in blow molding/injection molding a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment; excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Flexible and the ability to quickly adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic with exceptional integrity and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing setting and comfortable working with letters and numbers.
- Able to work flexible hours and available for overtime should a need arise.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
- The work environment is typical of most manufacturing environments.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to a particular position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required and personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alpha Packaging recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
By applying to this job, you agree that we can text you (standard rates apply).
ManufacturingView all jobs at Alpha Packaging