Inspector Packer Night Shift
Alpha Packaging Bethlehem, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
Are you a job seeker looking for a hands-on manufacturing job that encourages growth within the company? If so, then we want to talk to you about a full-time job with Alpha Packaging, a proud brand of Pretium!
We are currently seeking full-time INSPECTOR PACKERS for our Bethlehem, PA facility. This position is responsible for constructing, taping, and labeling boxes; and counting, inspecting, and packing bottles per our quality standards.
This is a NIGHT shift position, working a rotating, 12-hour shift. You will work every other weekend and may be required to work occasional overtime.
Alpha Packaging is a multi-national blow molding and related plastics technology organization known for its outstanding products and employees. As part of our continuing growth, we are looking for individuals who are looking for steady and predictable work that have the capacity to grow with our organization.
We offer the following compensation/benefits package:
- Starting wages commensurate with years of relevant experience and knowledge
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- FSA / HSA
- 401k Plans WITH 50% match up to 12% of base salary
- Tuition Reimbursement – job related courses
- Company paid life insurance, short-term & long-term disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
12-Hour Shifts: 7:00 pm - 7:00 am
Pay Rate: From $15 per hour and up, depending on experience. $1.00 per hour night shift differential.
The Inspector Packer is required to perform tasks involved in the production, inspection and packing of Alpha’s products into boxes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assigned production line to ensure that product is packaged in accordance with established quality and product standards. Must familiarize yourself with the daily production goals so they are achieved for each line assignment.
- May operate production line equipment to inspect, pack, count and/or trim product automatically or manually in accordance with established production standards. Excellent manual dexterity is an important part of the Inspector Packer role, as some assembly can require working with small, detailed objects.
- May complete several forms and papers that will record measurement and weight and/or product counts while keeping track of the inventory. After packing, seal and label each of the packages properly then move the completed packages for loading either onto a pallet or to a staging area for shipping.
- Some Inspector Packers may oversee machines that package items. You must familiarize yourself with these various devices (case packers, baggers, conveyors, scales, chutes, etc.) that will be used to count the production items and show when a carton has reached full or the maximum level of acceptable plastic parts.
- Some Inspector Packers may be required to operate machinery or equipment such as: case erectors, stretch wrappers, and pallet jacks to prepare finished goods for shipment or storage.
- Inspector Packers may learn to start/stop molding equipment properly. They may also begin to learn level process troubleshooting to fix quality issues as they are found.
- Follow plant specified job specification and task list.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that line products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards.
- Comply with all company food safety and quality assurance procedures and ensure all are always followed and documented correctly.
- Report any product or process failures that could impact food safety of manufactured product to Quality.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Must wear all required PPE properly.
- Conduct him/herself in a safe manner.
- Maintain cleanliness in the area around your workstation.
- Clean assigned areas of the building or pieces of equipment as instructed by your supervisor.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment; excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Flexible and the ability to quickly adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic with exceptional integrity and a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Be able to work in a manufacturing setting and comfortable working with letters and numbers.
- Able to work flexible hours and available for overtime should a need arise.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
The work environment is typical of most manufacturing environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alpha Packaging recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
By applying to this job, you agree that we can text you (standard rates apply).
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Alpha Packaging