Alpha Omega Engineering is looking for a Civil Engineer or EIT or Civil Designer to join our team. We offer flexible hours, a smaller team work environment, a wide range of experience and unique opportunities of becoming a more integral part of the company.
We desire to serve our clients well and try to maintain reasonable project loads and timelines. A person who can visualize well, is thoughtful of what is being conveyed in plans and specifications that are produced and who has a learned sense of responsibility for work that they are connected to will do well.
We are looking for candidates who can work well with many different types of personalities, who are service oriented, and desire to learn.
- Candidate must have civil design experience with a variety of commercial and residential projects and varying levels of plan development including design and project management responsibilities.
- Detailed responsibilities include:
- Independent civil design of projects, including, but not limited to, grading, storm drain design, utilities design, site layout, correspondence with agencies, plan checkers, contractors, and clients.
- Work with a team (architect, structural designer and planner) in preparation of plan documents.
- Interpret and apply appropriate codes and regulations.
- Research proposed construction techniques, materials, products, and details.
- Prepare engineering reports and construction (working) drawings, details and documents including erosion control plans.
- Will have Project Management responsibilities.
- A minimum of 2 years’ design experience in the preparation of civil design plans, details, and specifications for commercial, multifamily and/or municipal facilities, including street improvements, utilities, and site grading.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and P.E. license is a plus.
- At least 2 years design experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3d.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to provide details on a minimum of 3 design projects that you have worked on that have been constructed.
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
We are also offering Part-Time positions.