We are looking for a mental health therapist that can work primarily in the SLC area. It is considered a "plus" if you can work in Ogden as well. Alpha Counseling provides forensic clinical mental health to justice-involved clients. A significant portion of the clients we serve have committed a sex offense, and are working with our team to get their lives back on track. If you have experience working in this field, that is a plus, but not an absolute requirement. We'll train you, provide supervision, and there'll be opportunities for professional development.
You get to set your own schedule. You will need your own laptop computer for documentation, as well as a basic understanding of Microsoft Word, or an equivalent word processor.
Compensation is factored based on experience, licensure, and work commitment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Establish open lines of communication for individuals with mental or emotional issues
- Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues
- Provide prevention-oriented therapy
- Implement and review treatment plans
- Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement agencies
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Previous experience in mental health counseling or other related fields
- Familiarity with community mental health resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong leadership qualities