Data Science and Business Analytics Interns, Alpha Capital FinTech, New York, NY 10005.
Alpha Capital Fintech (alphacapitalfintech.com) is a FinTech powered investment bank. .We have four senior professionals in FinTech from the largest financial institutions. All have experience with major firms and have graduated from Harvard, Johns Hopkins, etc. Our work is primarily developing signals in finance for mergers and acquisitions, valuation, and changes in SEC reports. Come join us to maximize your potential.
· Develop scalable solutions using state-of-the-art machine learning models
· Draw meaningful insights from large datasets, define key metrics to track performance, and develop actionable solutions to tackle business problems
· Generate valuation signals based on numerous factors, identify opportunities for new M&A projects.
· Combine traditional valuation methods with FinTech enabled signals.
· Analyze SEC fillings data and the changes of the report
· Use visualization tools to present complex model and business insights in a simple, engaging manner for business stakeholders
· Work closely with engineers to develop and deploy scalable machine learning applications
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree preferred with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related STEM major
· Experience in productionising machine-learning models
· Programming experience with either Python or R, plus one other general purpose programming language such as Java or C/C++ SQL & relational database experience a must, experience with noSQL, Big Data stack preferred
· Strong foundation in inferential statistics and machine learning algorithms
· Experience in visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
· Strong capacity to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
· Ability to translate data and insight into a value-driving business plan
College credit internship provided. Our work qualifies for OPT and CPT for international students.
All in-house internships are in our office at Alpha Capital, 40 Wall Street, New York, New York 10005. We also have some remote positions.
Alpha Capital Holdings, Inc, parent of Alpha Capital FinTech.com is a well-regarded financial advisor to corporations with Fortune 500 companies. Since 1995, we have participated on the sell-side (primarily mergers and acquisitions), raising capital, and valuation.