- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The role include the oversight and direction of daily management and coordination of shipments
o Schedule booking requests
o Send shipping schedules to customers
- Work directly with Steamship lines/ Freight forwarders to coordinate shipments for Export, Foreign to foreign and Imports
- Responsible for analyzing contract (sales orders, purchase orders, LC’s, file switches, etc.) requirements and identifying logistical dilemmas and provide new solutions for resolution
- Pro-actively identify problems and swiftly implement the appropriate solution
- Prioritize and execute shipments in accordance with contractual agreements
- Participate in special projects and handle all other assigned duties as requested
- Liaison between suppliers, traders and documentation department
- Provide the appropriate insurance issuance certifications
- Work directly with truck companies to coordinate domestic freight
- Assist in the maintenance and dissemination of departmental reports.
- Process Freight Payments
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be detailed-oriented with very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- High-level of experience in transportation management
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Alpert & Alpert Iron & Metal IncWhy Work Here?
Scrap Metal Recycling Company
2350 W 16th Long BeachLong Beach, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Alpert & Alpert Iron & Metal Inc