Agents assigned to this shopping project will assist customers with ordering items and finding their favorite products. Agents on this project are required to demonstrate sales skills while maintaining the best possible customer service experience for the customers. On every call agents are required to present additional items or ‘upsells', so ability to understand products and services is essential. Our main key performance indicators are our ‘closure rate' and ‘upsell rate'. Closure is based on our ability to close the sale with the customer and upsell is measured by offering add-ons during the ordering process. The hours of operation are 24 x 7, 7 days a week, but actual hours available vary from week to week.
We have a fluid minimum weekly requirement (Anywhere between 5 and 20 hours) that allows our agents to ensure call quality, product awareness and call fluency. These minimum requirements may be raised or lowered based on business needs These minimum requirements may be raised or lowered based on business needs with as much notice as reasonably feasible given business circumstances. Outside of peak season (November – January) agents can expect to work 10-15 hours per week and the more flexible you can be with your schedule, the better your opportunity to work even more.
Training is self-paced
Training pay rate is min wage per your local area. Pay rate for call taking will be at least minimum wage per your local area with opportunities for Premium Hourly Rates such as $9.00 and $10.00 when business needs dictate. Alorica-at-Home Employees average between minimum wage and $10.00 per hour.
It is imperative to also understand that communication with your Team Managers is of the utmost importance. You will be assigned a specific Team Manager who is responsible for you! We will be contacting you often to review project or Alorica updates, your performance (known as Key Performance Indicator (KPIs)), Evaluations, and many possible other reasons
Alorica-at-Home agents are responsible for receiving and processing various incoming phone calls for numerous clients in accordance with policies, procedures, quality standards, and federal laws and regulations. Additional responsibilities pertaining to call and sales function are (but are not limited to):
• Receive and process incoming phone calls for clients, which includes obtaining, entering, and verifying customer information (e.g. names, addresses, credit card numbers, etc.), answering questions, resolving issues, providing customer service, adhering to scripts, and attempting to make up-sells.
• Ensure that calls are processed in strict adherence to established policies, procedures, and quality standards, as well as any federal laws and regulations.
• Successfully complete initial on-the-job training, as well as any new product or on-going training
Personal Computer Requirements
• Minimum 1.5GHz Intel/AMD Dual Core Processor
• Desktop/laptop computer should not be older than 3 years
• Minimum 4 GB of RAM Memory for Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) and 8.1 or 10.
• Hard Drive with a minimum available free hard drive space of 4GB
• One (1) USB port (Minimum)
• 17”+ Monitor at least with 1024 X 768 pixels.
• Sound Card installed
• Internet capable browser with Internet Explorer with no toolbars installed such as Google, Yahoo or Ask etc.
• Windows Update must be enabled to update automatically
• Windows firewall enabled
• Microsoft Security Essentials and/or Windows Defender must be the ONLY Antivirus Software enabled or installed
• Windows Update, anti-virus updates and a full virus scan needs to be done every 7 days (minimum)
Required Internet Speed
• Recommend High-bandwidth (broadband) internet connection with a minimum 2Mbps (2 megabit per second) throughput bi-directionally.
• If you are using a VOIP that is provided through a cable provider such as COX or Mediacom, 2Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download is required.
• You can confirm that your set up meets this requirement at www.speedtest.net
• A traditional land line telephone connection (aka Plain Old Telephone Service or POTS), that has a traditional desk phone with a corded handset along with a mute button and the capability to plug in a headset to either the side or the back. OR an address locked VOIP line from your Internet Service provider. We do not support dial pad devices.
• A Telephone connection via Mobile/Cell phone or Voice over Internet (VoIP) such as Magic Jack, Strait Talk, Vonage etc. is not acceptable.
• Phone must be “wired” so wireless handset phones are NOT permitted.
• A medium-to-high quality noise cancelling telephone headset is required.
• Phone must be free of all features such as Private Number Blocking, call waiting and voice mail.
• Recommend High-bandwidth (broadband) internet connection with a minimum 2Mbps (2 megabit per second) throughput bi-directionally. If VOIP is provided through a cable provider such as COX or Mediacom, 2Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download is required.
Agent must have a wired internet connection inside their home (wireless connection is NOT supported).
Applicants for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications: high school or GED required, minimum one year customer service or sales experience required; must be 18 years or older; based on project candidate may be required to meet additional experience/skill requirements; must work a minimum of 10 hours per week; basic computer skills required to include navigation between application and internet sites; ability to pass required background checks; based on project, ability to pass required drug screening; based on project, candidate must score acceptably on job related testing assessments; ability to clearly communicate using a clear, distinct voice; and bilingual in English and Spanish (or other language as defined) may be required for certain projects.
The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, Alorica At Home Agents may be asked to perform other duties as required. Also note, that reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions outlined above.
EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans