Work at Home (Virtual) Customer Service Representative
Address: 727 Highway 43 South, Saraland, AL
This is a work from home opportunity that requires you live in the surrounding areas of Saraland/Mobile ALABAMA. Please note that while this opportunity will initially start remotely/virtual the plan is to migrate to the physical Contact Center located in Saraland, AL as the business needs change. You must also meet the technical requirements (listed below) of the position.
At home positions will require you to independently have access to the following equipment:
Laptop/desktop (no older than 3 years), Intel i3 core processor or equivalent AMD Processor
Computer Type: Laptop/Desktop - PC compatible (no tablets, Chromebooks nor MACs)
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher
Internet Speed: High Speed internet access
Minimum OS Version: Windows 10
Minimum RAM: 2GB or greater
Internet Connection: DSL, cable, or fiber optic (no dial-up, satellite, or 4G wireless connections) Broadband Modem or Router
*Equipment and Internet Speeds vary based on client needs, completion of the computer test will need to be submitted to determine compatibility, failing a portion of PC testing does not necessarily disqualify you from consideration*
Why work for Alorica Saraland?
Simply put, we want to make lives better…one interaction at a time and to do that, we need the very best people to join us.
We offer competitive wages of $10.75/hr during training and $11.25/hr once training is complete. Overtime opportunities are available to increase your income.
- Monthly bonuses just for being amazing at what you do.
- Full time hours. Yes, that's right, a consistent 40 hours a week.
- Medical, dental, financial planning, pet insurance and tuition reimbursement benefits, for you and your family, to name a few. Paid time off for work and life balance.
- We promote from within 90% of the time at our Saraland site.
- Access to merchant discounts as an Alorica employee.
- Employee programs supporting employment, community outreach, corporate leadership, training and development, education assistance, & mentoring.
Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities to pursue your professional goals, and we want you to have fun and succeed – because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
As an Inbound Customer Service Representative, you will provide exemplary customer service, over the phone, offering solutions and answering questions about a product or service. You will be an advocate for our customers, showing compassion and putting yourself in their shoes to calmly resolve and de-escalate customer concerns. You won’t be alone as our call centers offer a fun team environment.
- First and foremost, you need a positive attitude and a natural willingness to want to help others
- We would love it if you have Inbound call center or customer service via phone experience, but we can train the right people
- We require you are flexible in accepting a set schedule during our operating hours of 7am - 9pm Monday through Sunday.
- We need you to be willing to work holidays when they fall within your assigned schedule
- We need your confident familiarity with current technology including computers, tablets, Smartphones and other cellular devices
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
- Ability to complete a pre-employment behavioral assessment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
- Ability to use phone and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening/comprehension skills
- Ability to stay composed and objective
- Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude
- A climate controlled, contact center environment – filled with amazing people, incredible career opportunities and the occasional dance-off
- Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Constant sedentary work. You’ll typically be sitting for most of the time, so be sure to get up and stretch once in a while. Your circulatory system will thank you.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Let’s make lives better. Let’s defy the status quo. And let’s go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead.
You ready? Let’s do this.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled
Why Work Here?At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Every day, we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely great customer experiences.