Medical Lab Technician - Casual #2662
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Alex Clinic Laboratory
FTE (Full Time Equivalent)
Casual employees do not have a regular work schedule and are generally utilized on an emergency or as-need basis.
Clinic Laboratory Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
The Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for accurately collecting specimens and performing provider ordered lab tests, reporting timely results, and aiding the provider in patient diagnosis and management. The Medical Laboratory Technician will be responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Will be proficient in capillary, venous and arterial blood collection.
- Will be knowledgeable in proper specimen collection; to include: specimen requirements, integrity of specimen, isolation precautions, timed blood draws, and aseptic technique.
- Understand the importance of patient identification and correct specimen labeling.
- Will obtain or collect body fluids, tissue and other substances to aid the laboratory in determining normal and abnormal findings.
- Will interpret, research, and carryout Physician/Provider laboratory testing orders.
- Able to give instructions clearly and accurately for patient collected specimens.
- Maintain an environment of privacy, safety and integrity for all patients, at all times.
Maintenance and Quality Control
- Maintain quality results by ensuring that all laboratory equipment and analyzers are performing as expected.
- Responsible for quality control, standards, calibrations, etc. to ensure that all systems are performing within established laboratory guidelines.
Perform Lab Testing
Osakis Medical Clinic performs Waived Testing, Alexandria Clinic Laboratory performs Moderate Complexity testing and Alomere Health performs High Complexity testing. Responsibilities will be assigned according to the facility CLIA license.
- Process and perform testing of lab specimens to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Provide lab testing in: Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology, Pathology, Toxicology, Urinalysis.
- Process and direct laboratory specimens to the appropriate reference lab when needed.
Report Lab Results
- Report normal and abnormal test results to Physician/Provider/Nurse as required.
- Report Alert or Critical value results to the appropriate personnel.
- Alomere Health Laboratory technicians may be certified to perform Urine Drug Screen collections and Breath Alcohol Testing.
- Train students and new employees as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Participates in departmental or organizational meetings and trainings.
- Demonstrates ability to use equipment relevant to the position.
This position does not provide any direct supervision.
Education, Experience & Skills Required
Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology required.
License, Registration and/or Certification
Board of Certification, Medical Laboratory Technician
Applicants must be able to meet the physical demands of the position. A Functional Job Description for this position is on file in the Human Resources Office and is available to all applicants for review. All job offers to persons that are not currently employed by Alomere Health will be conditional based on favorable references and successful completion of both a criminal background check and a drug test.
I certify that the facts set forth in this employment application (and any accompanying resume) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification, omission, misrepresentation, or concealment of information on this application may be sufficient grounds for disqualification from further consideration for hire or immediate discharge
I authorize Alomere Health to verify the information contained in this employment application and to investigate my personal or employment history. I also authorize any former school, employer, person, firm, corporation, credit agency, or government agency to provide to Alomere Health information they may have about me. In consideration of Alomere Health’s review of this application.
I further agree that, if employed, I will conform my conduct to Alomere rules and understand that unless otherwise specifically agreed to in writing; my employment can be terminated at any time with or without cause, and with or without notice, at my option or at the option of Alomere Health.
I understand that no personnel recruiter, interviewer, or other representative of Alomere Health other than the CEO has authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time. I also understand that this application and any employment manuals/handbooks that may be distributed to me during the course of my employment shall not be construed as a contract.
Alomere Health is an EEO employer.
HealthcareView all jobs at Alomere Health