GENERAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
Our landscaping company is growing…….if you would enjoy being in a beautiful island setting with a great crew, contact us. If you have a passion for leadership, team work, and “love of the land,” this is a great opportunity to build a career in Hawaii’s Awarded “Best Landscaping Company”. The ideal Manager for this position will understand and organize the day-to-day landscape operations fornew landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties across Oahu Island, Hawaii.
· Supervise employees for maintenance and landscape projects for commercial and residential properties.
· Manage activities involving maintenance services, to include coordination of work materials, assigned crews, and equipment to job site.
· Schedule work crews, plan daily activities, and monitor projects. Set goals for the employees and determines what action plan is needed to execute the requirements for contracted landscaping projects.
· Ensure quality checks are conducted for potential issues and to ensure safety procedures are followed.
· Communicate and motivate employees while establishing appropriate methods to evaluate job performance.
· Report directly to the company President who sets policies, work standards, and expectations for the team.
MANAGER RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES include but not limited to:
· Plan and direct maintenance, installation and daily processes to ensure quality workmanship.
· Create weekly schedule for crews.
· Assist foremen with the timing of material delivery and workflow at jobsites.
· Responsible for meeting safety guidelines and that quality standards are met throughout the project.
· Act as liaison with clients regarding change orders and project progress to completion.
· Oversee and schedule preventative maintenance and safety inspections on company vehicles. Ensure that crews’ equipment is properly maintained or scheduled for repair.
· Procure resources, equipment and materials to ensure maximum use and completion of work projects in timely manner.
· Set a high standard of work ethics – commitment to providing exceptional service to foremen, crew, management and clients.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILIITES:
· Ability to coordinate and manage multiple crews and day to day operations.
· Ability to manage, plan and execute maintenance operations.
· Skill in developing work schedules and priorities employees for safety and training.
· Ability to screen, hire and train employees as well as supervise and coach employees in assigned work tasks.
· Skill in communications verbally and in writing with foremen, crews, other employees, clients and senior management.
· Ability to learn and apply new concepts.
· Knowledge of best safety practices and OSHA policies.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Project management experience -- organized, motivated, detail oriented.
· Commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
· Experience, leadership, organizational, and time management skills, and know-how.
· Communication, decision-making initiative, supervisory skills, action oriented to promote team cohesiveness.
· 1-4 years’ experience in supervisory, project management, manager or operations position.
· Valid driver’s license, clean driving record. U.S. citizen or proof of permanent residence.
· Knowledge of turf management, horticulture, pest control, fertilizers, and chemical applications.
· Dedicated willingness to learn additional areas of landscaping and project management.
· Installation, repair,and maintenance of all types of irrigation equipment.
· Bid estimation and installation/construction landscaping practices and procedures.
SALARY: based on applicant’s qualifications and other relevant factors. $50K-$80K
BENEFITS: This is your opportunity……. if you want to come to the Hawaii. Competitive pay and bonuses, vacation and holiday pay, health insurance, 401K, company vehicle, fuel card, team oriented environment, great location. We have a strong work ethic and mutual respect as a team. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.