We are a team oriented civil construction company looking for a full-time senior accountant to join our growing team in Pierce County. We offer competitive pay plus benefits.
The qualified candidate will perform, direct and organize all general accounting activities and accounting staff. Responsibilities include payroll and vendor A/P oversight, benefits administration, budgeting and forecasting; preparation of accounting and financial reports and ensuring accurate accounting systems and record keeping.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the owner, employees, clients and vendors, you will be responsible for Subcontract A/P, A/R, G/L, Banking
- Oversight of payroll and vendor A/P
- Benefits administration
- File monthly reports (B&O, Union, Taxes)
- Draft and submit owner billings requiring proficiency with AIA forms
- File pre-liens and lien releases
- Process change orders
- Must be familiar with contract maintenance and job set up
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Journal entries, month-end closing & financial reporting
- Timeliness and accuracy of job cost reporting and month end WIP preparation
- Cross-training and back-up to the Payroll & Compliance Administrator
· Organize and maintain equipment files
· Serve as a key resource for our organization and provide oversight to ensure that the financial records are complete and accurate
- Encourage teamwork by collaborating with the owner and co-workers
- Maintaining confidential company information
· Sage software experience a plus.
· Heavy Job experience a plus.
· Experience in construction accounting – 5 years minimum
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with payroll processing within the Construction industry
· Familiar with Prevailing Wage and Davis Bacon requirements
· Proficient in job costing and percentage of completion accounting
· Excellent analytical skills for reviewing data and reports
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel
· Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
· Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
· Skills in oral and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills
· Ability to develop procedures to gain maximum efficiency
· Displays initiative, curiosity and the ability to work effectively in an open environment
· The ability to coach, mentor and actively supervise a team
· The ability to act as a positively contributing member of the management team
Duties may evolve and change over time, the ideal candidate is flexible and can adapt to the needs of a growing company.
In return we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health/dental and life insurance benefits
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan