POSITION: Accounts Receivable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Comptroller
GENERAL SCOPE: Utilize excellent customer service skills when dealing with delinquent and existing accounts for this small office offering an upbeat and fun environment. The employee will be responsible for maintaining customer contact to satisfy the accounts receivables. The ideal candidate will assume ownership over the position responsibilities and be accountable for all related duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Manage all customer accounts, high volume invoicing and collect and post payments.
• Process new customer account information, conduct credit checks, contact references to verify financial reliability, and decide whether to open accounts for potential candidates.
• Run reports every morning, checking credit limit averages.
• Maintain account tax records and ensure that taxes are consistently paid.
• Utilize strong research and problem-solving abilities to research invoice location, send copies, follow up with clients to verify accuracy of bills, and pull invoices when necessary.
• Send out invoices and ensure that payment terms are very clear on the invoices.
• Assist will Accounts Payable and Payroll process when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience working in a small office environment and be familiar with paper and paperless processes.
• Five-plus years’ experience in general accounting, preferably three of the five years’ experience in Accounts Receivable.
• Must have basic computer skills, especially in Excel.
• Quick learner
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Customer Service Focused
Almond & AssociatesAlmond & Associates is a recruiting firm working with companies in the South Sound to fill office support positions.