Manager, Channel Access
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
The Manager, Channel Access will be responsible for the channel planning process in the US organization, focusing on increasing patient and clinician access to Almirall products. The role will require cross coordination between the sales, marketing, finance and managed markets departments. The manager will work closely with the trade sector as it relates to supply chain management and channel access. In this role, the Manager, Channel Access working in collaboration with the team, will deliver a strategic plan focused on pharmacies, copay strategy, and other means of lowering the barriers for Almirall prescription products. This individual will assess the competitive environment of pharmaceuticals and changing market environment, incorporating competitive intelligence and extensive analysis.
- Completes strategic and operational projects and provides analysis and recommendations to senior management on the proper channel strategy
- Analyze reports that support inventory management of product supply, including EDI 852, 867 reports and custom data offerings to identify customer purchase patterns and order projections
- Coordinate with finance, trade and managed markets team on managing accounting, pricing, retail sales stock levels, fee for service agreements and new product launches
- Cross-functional collaboration with various departments on the management of various vendors and resources
- Manage all channel related issues with Almirall' s products including coordinating the development of a distribution strategy
- Implement channel marketing programs
- Responsible for all aspects of vendor channel analytics and fulfillment
- Coordinate with regulatory to assure and maintain compliance with appropriate government regulations.
- Assist with Almirall Manufacturing/Business Development in demand forecasting and pharmacy/wholesaler fulfillment throughout the pre-launch and post-launch phases of product to ensure successful implementation of the channel/distribution strategy.
- Participate in regional and national meetings to educate the organization on channel, specialty pharmacy plans and distribution
- Develop a channel strategy initiative, to educate the sales force so there is complete understanding of the process for handling issues, copay cards and product availability at the pharmacies and wholesalers
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in healthcare, business or economics preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare environment
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry specifically as it relates to channel, global, payer and market access is strongly preferred
- Experience in developing and executing channel strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of drug development process
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, MS Access & SQL; familiarity with data visualization tools
- Pharmaceutical business leadership and ability to interact with customers
- Familiarity with strategic and operating planning processes
- Knowledge and understanding of health economics and associated skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Ability to work in coordination with and align with US and International colleagues
- Documented success in the recruiting and development of high performing teams
We invest heavily in R&D with nearly 14% of sales revenue and employees devoted to achieving our goal of being a leader of innovation in medical dermatology. Almirall strives every day to turn our expertise into real solutions. Through science, research & development, discovery agreements and alliances, we are building solid partnerships driven by the shared goal of discovering medical solutions to improve the lives of patients.
Almirall was founded in Barcelona, Spain, in 1943, and now has offices in 21 countries with a portfolio of 40 products marketed across various geographies. A family company, we are focused on medical dermatology and skin health. Our US organization was acquired by Almirall S.A. in 2013, and is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania. We invest heavily in R&D with nearly 14% of sales revenue and employees devoted to achieving our goal of being a leader of innovation in medical dermatology. Almirall strives every day to turn our expertise into real solutions. Through science, research & development, discovery agreements and alliances, we are building solid partnerships driven by the shared goal of discovering medical solutions to improve the lives of patients. www.almirall.com