Associate Attorney (entry level)
Almanac Technologies, LLC/Machol and Johannes, LLC Denver, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
At Almanac Technologies / Machol & Johannes, we believe that culture is the difference-maker between good companies and great ones. We believe in inspiring with a people first culture and are determined to be recognized as a "Best Place to Work" company. Would you love to be part of a team dedicated to excellent results and a world-class culture?
At Almanac Technologies / Machol & Johannes, we know that you want:
- A truly inclusive culture with DE&I initiatives that are actually needle-movers and not simply box-checkers.
- The ability to contribute and make a difference on the job, with leaders who listen and leverage your unique strengths
- Interesting & challenging work with opportunities to learn, grow, and develop yourself both as a person & as a professional
- Competitive pay & benefits that are brag worthy
If these strike a chord with you we may be your next move!
Almanac Technologies is a service provider to Machol & Johannes, LLC, a premier law firm with headquarters in Colorado, and offices in Wyoming, New Mexico, Washington, Oregon, Utah, and Idaho. We offer representation and customer service in the Collection, Bankruptcy, and Creditor rights arenas. We are two halves of one dream, built by the same family.
As a creditor's right law firm, our firm operates in a highly regulated industry. As such, it is imperative that full and complete attorney review occurs on every account within our firm. The Associate Attorney will initially be responsible for reviewing accounts and determining whether we have sufficient grounds to proceed with suit based upon Federal, State, and Client regulations. As the role grows with experience, this job will also expand to manage contested cases. This position will be based out of our Denver, Colorado office.
- Attorney will undertake training to ensure a full understanding of all relevant laws, regulations, as well as client and company policies and procedures
- Attorney will draft and review pleadings for accurate information
- Once attorney is trained, this attorney position will also expand into our litigation process
- Attorney may assist in drafting formal policies and procedures associated with the position
- Attorney may assist in legal research to ensure pleadings and laws contained therein are up-to-date with applicable laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop rapport and empathize with clients
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Develops strong workflow routines while embracing fluctuations in volume
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Self-motivated to achieve great results
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- $50,000-$60,000 annually depending on experience
- 13 front loaded PTO days in your first year, and grows with you!
- 6 paid federal holidays + 1 float holiday + 1 mental health holiday annually
- Eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Company 401k program
ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE
- Headquarters: Downtown Denver, Colorado
- Currently hybrid remote due to COVID; will likely maintain hybrid-remote model
- Primarily Monday-Friday
- Operates during general business hours, i.e. 9am-5pm;
- Sitting 85%, Standing/Walking 15%
- Will type, write, use finger dexterity, talk, hear, and see (up close and moderate distances) as a normal part of job duties
- Will occasionally need to lift up to 50 lbs.
Education, Formal Training, or Certificates:
- JD. Required - Attorney must be licensed to practice law in the State of Colorado
- Dual license in Wyoming is highly preferred
- Preference to candidates willing to obtain additional state licenses within our footprint (Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming)
- Experience with legal research and writing is required
- Experience in the collections industry preferred but not required
- Business management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to handle a large volume of work and look to improve efficiency
- Proven ability to complete assignments in short time-frames, under stress, and within guidelines
- Must have proficient skills working with Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Majority of this position will be in a professional office environment
- Sitting 80%, Standing/Walking 20%
- Will type, write, use finger dexterity, talk, hear, and see (up close and moderate distances) as a normal part of job duties.
- Court related travel may be required
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Almanac Technologies, LLC/Machol and Johannes, LLC
LegalView all jobs at Almanac Technologies, LLC/Machol and Johannes, LLC