Seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Adult Psychiatrists for Inpatient and Outpatient Need in Pottstown, PA.
Psychiatrist Job Duties:
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Listening, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Mental Health, Psychiatry, Building Relationships, Discretion, Bedside Manner
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm Schedule
- 28 Bed Inpatient Unit serving Adult and Geriatric patients
- Average of 10-12 patients per day
- Team of a clinical Nurse Manager, Nurse Practitioners, RN's, LPN's, Mental Health Techs, LCSW, and 24-hour Crisis Workers available