Alluvionic is seeking an experienced Project Manager (PM) to support government contracts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The PM shall be prepared at all times, given reasonable notice, to present and discuss with management the status of project activities. The PM shall continuously monitor the technical, cost and schedule performance of the contract.
- Produce the schedules of work that reflect and track the delivery of products.
- Use methods and metrics for assessing the schedule, technical and quality performance of the work, and risks of this program.
- Use procedures for relating costs and risks to schedule and technical performance, to assess the impact of risks and costs on successful completion of the work efforts. As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating and managing multidisciplinary technical review teams.
- Facilitates and troubleshoots the myriad of problems associated with complex systems or with coordinating and development, and design projects.
- Provides highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to department management and personnel.
- Responds to inquiries about projects.
- Chairs various project review and pre-submittal meetings.
- Establishes and maintains liaison as required with boards, committees and commissions.
- Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates schedules of staff and other interested parties.
- PMP Certification
- Familiar with AGILE project management.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Experience with cost estimation and cost performance tracking using Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Must have excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organizational, planning, facilitation, leadership and time management skills.
- Must understand conflict resolution.
- Ability to utilize Project Management disciplines to estimate, coordinate and deliver committed project deliverables.
- Ability to identify and negotiate schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Establish project policy, set project standards and determine needed tools. Manage change and project acceptance procedures.
- Manage and promptly escalate issues and risks.
- Communicate major milestones, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities. Track and monitor the project financial health.
- Proven experience communicating within the project team, across project teams and upward communications to program steering groups.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, address conflicts in changes, work effectively in a matrix environment and build strong relationship.
- Ability to motivate team members and influence them to adhere to project deliverables.
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint.
- MS Project and Project Server.
- Willing to travel.
- Must be eligible for U.S. Secret level security clearance.
Required Education and Experience
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- At least five years of experience in project management or a related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis