Position Title: Specialist, Human Resources
We are looking for a highly motivated, engaged, and committed individual that has a background in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment, who will be responsible for the effective performance of the Human Resources function at the manufacturing facility.
- Leads the human resources functions at the manufacturing plant, including policy interpretation, recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits and compensation, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of payroll timesheets within the timekeeping system, including accurately recording absences, vacation, holiday hours, etc.
- Provides counsel, guidance, assistance and labor relations direction to the plant in the administration, coordination and interpretation of the corporation and divisional labor relations policies and objectives.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, onboarding, training, and scheduling of full-time and temporary production associates for backfill, to cover vacation, leaves of absences, sickness, weekends, or other needs.
- Accountable to being knowledgeable of the Company benefits offering and able to answer employee questions related to those programs.
- Track and report on monthly, quarterly and annual metrics for the department.
- Assist Plant Management with plant specific functions, projects, requests, and reports.
- Completes ongoing projects as assigned by the HR Manager.
- Experience of at least 5-7 years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Excellent computer capabilities, including HR systems and MS Office.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with individuals both internally and externally
- The ability to analyze problems and make independent judgments to initiate corrective action or resolution.
- The ability to work with and maintain information of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to display diplomacy in day-to-day interactions with the commitment to task with awareness of urgency.
- The ability to work independently and work as a value add to the divisional team function.