Accountable for maintaining a productive, efficient, quality-oriented and safe work atmosphere during their assigned shifts operation along with ensuring positive, fair and equitable treatment for all employees.
- Maintains enforcement of and compliance with policy and procedures to ensure that the results conform to planned and/or desired results and to assure a safe working environment is maintained.
- Establishes and maintains safety good housekeeping.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates molding processes within documented specifications. Makes necessary adjustments to assure prescribed quality and production standards are achieved and maintained.
- Investigates root cause of severe process shifts and takes appropriate corrective action to bring processes within specifications.
- Monitors and evaluates daily production to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Manages the production floor responsibilities including timely and efficient mold set-ups and/or changes, manpower utilization, material efficiencies and documented quality evaluation to ensure that maximum capabilities are met.
- Directs the performance of real time and preventative maintenance on all primary and auxiliary equipment as required and within skills level.
- Trains and develops shift personnel to maximize efficiencies.
- Coordinates with maintenance staff all maintenance issues that are beyond the skill level of the shift team to ensure accurate communication of needs for repair and timeliness for completion.
- Established communication with tooling team to coordinate repair and maintenance schedules for all tools to ensure efficiencies, cavitation, and prolong the life of the tools.
- Provides timely detailed information pass on via the shift log book to other supervisors, managers and departments that will documents problems and corrective actions that were taken during shift operation.
- Provides timely submission of reports and miscellaneous documentation as required by policy and procedures.
- Ensure accurate up to date and complete cycle/set-up sheets and road maps are maintained at each machine for the job running.
- Ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees by coordinating with other supervisors, managers, and departments to ensure consistency in the manufacturing operation.
- Ensures equitable distribution of work assignments and prioritization of same for subordinates along with follow through until completion.
- Provides timely completion and submission of performance reviews.
- Provides counseling and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures a productive, proactive work environment.
- Three to five years processing injection molding experience.
- Three to five years supervisory or lead experience.
- Thorough knowledge of safety specifications and procedures.
- Understanding of quality standards and systems including Statistical Process Control and other quality measurements.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.