Strategic Account Manager-San Francisco/Los Angeles
Allsteel Inc. Daly City, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Allsteel, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Strategic Account Manager to join our team in San Francisco/Los Angeles!
As a Strategic Account Manager, you will identify, create and maintain large strategic accounts to directly generate revenue by selling solutions to new and current users within an assigned region through face-to-face contact. You will act as a primary contact for direct selling efforts focused on optimizing profit and growing sales within existing large accounts.
To be classified as a Strategic Account Manager there must be customer accounts in a predetermined metropolitan area and have a potential annual minimum of $1 million in net sales with the potential of annuity business. This will be determined by the Vice President of Sales and include criteria such as multiple locations and/or phased projects, contracts held, and standardization of Allsteel and Gunlocke products.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Manage and grow existing account base within the assigned territory, exceed budgeted sales and increase market share.
- Identify organizations in assigned region that fit the Strategic Accounts criteria and are competitively held to pursue projects, day to day business, and contracts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers and influencers with organizations with complex environments, both new and existing.
- Continually implement innovative ways to improve processes, products, and client experience.
- Responsible for revenue growth and new product sales of Allsteel/Gunlocke/Architectural Products to expand share of the existing customer’s business.
- Create business plan for each assigned account that is consistently maintained and captures existing business and relationships with growth plans for 6 month, 12 month, and 24 month.
- Grow profitability and product mix within assigned key accounts.
- Engage with Allsteel field sales, dealers, A&D and real estate firms to ensure local/regional execution of programs for contracted account and align with current processes.
- Coordinate Manufacturer services to include design, research, change management, sustainability, ergonomics, AWE, workplace evaluations, communications, etc.
- Responsible for contract renewals, tracking bid activity, project coordination, coordinating quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Collaborate to help develop existing account strategies and tactics, local team/dealer integration, presentations, corporate visits, mock-ups, proposals, pricing, etc.
- Manage end to end ordering process including purchase order to dealer, dealer interface with manufacturer, manufacturer confirmations and scheduling, manufacturer to dealer, and dealer to customer.
- Manage quality control process on customized solutions, Mock Ups, etc. once the order is placed.
- Coordinate and manage customer specific solution to include process flow to integrate web portal with customers technology platforms across all phases from design to delivery.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, MBA preferred; or equivalent experience.
- 7-8 years or more of experience in contract furniture or related industry.
- Experience with selling into complex accounts, national, global, and/or strategic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required and/or Preferred
- Proven communication skills with executive management and board of directors.
- Consultative selling and closing skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and ability to thrive in a highly complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and positively influence key decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close a deal.
- Ability to form strong relationships across functional groups.
Physical Effort and Working Conditions
Primary focus on direct customer interaction:
- Primary working location will be in an office environment where low volume noise is on-going.
- Sitting/standing at work station for up to the entire scheduled work day.
- Majority of office time spent on a computer system.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift sample product into car/truck
- Regionally located.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
Allsteel, headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa and recently named as an “Iowa Top Workplace”, is a leading brand of HNI Corporation. At Allsteel, we believe that our office furniture products should address and solve workplace problems. Our furniture is made to improve productivity, make offices more efficient, increase comfort and make day-to-day tasks that much easier. We've worked collaboratively with some of America's leading designers, including Mitch Bakker, Bruce Fifield, Marcus Koepke, and BMW Group DesignworksUSA. Our product work often wins awards from the Industrial Designers Society of America, the International Interior Design Association, the American Institute of Architects, and Best of NeoCon, and is frequently recognized by design and architectural magazines.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.
AddressDaly City, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Allsteel Inc.