Business Development Manager (A&D) - Chicago
HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to support the A&D market in Chicago, IL.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for generating sales opportunities within designated region for Allsteel, Inc., to support and maximize aggressive profitable growth. Responsible for the development, planning, and execution of Allsteel sales and marketing strategies directed at mid to large commercial end users within designated region.
What You Will Do:
- Prospects for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking through key industry contacts, influencer and trade organizations.
- Searches, qualifies, develops and tracks sales leads for new business. Drives the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales.
- Investigates and creates awareness of all commercial business moves (lease expirations, construction permits, etc.) in designated region.
- Participates in key industry related organizations, events, and lead groups in region to generate new opportunities.
- Responsible to develop relationships with key influencers, dealer partners, mid to large commercial end users, and other Allsteel members; and maintain on-going strong working relationships with those key influencers.
- Develops and leads deal strategy with key influencers (A&D, Real Estate, GC, CRE etc.) and Dealer Sales Representatives (DSRs) on projects including accurately diagnosing customer buying type and stage, determining high impact activities, and creation of plan in effort to win sale.
- Delivers Allsteel value proposition utilizing Point of View (POV) methodology. Tailors message according to audience and buying model.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years’ experience in consultative sales environment required
- Proven connections and networked amongst the Real Estate community in assigned territory
- Furniture or related industry (interiors) experience preferred
What You’re Good At:
- Significant experience in sales (interiors) and a proven ability to close business.
- Knowledge of office environment issues and general business trends.
- Ability to identify and positively influence key decision makers and influencers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, organization, and customer (internal and external) support orientation.
- Ability to successfully interact across business functions, from Allsteel HQ to the field sales members and independent dealers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020, 2021, and #6 in 2022 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our CSR Report here: https://www.hnicorp.com/social-responsibility
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other’s differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: https://www.hnicorp.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit www.HNIbenefits.com.
We also invite you to visit us atwww.HNICorp.comto learn more!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.