Purchasing Buyer for Goods and Purchasing Buyer for Services
Allstaff Services, Inc. Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 to $31 Hourly
- Benefits: medical
Allstaff Services is currently Recruiting for multiple Purchasing positions for a great Client.
Primary Purpose for Purchasing Buyer of Goods
Manage and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate guidelines
1. Execute purchasing of items and demand changes timely for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes. May support one or more specialized areas that will require the ability to become a subject matter expert.
2 Represent Company’s best interest during negotiations with suppliers to ensure best value, price, lead-time, and customer service.
3. Ensure adherence to sourcing best practices, policies, and procedures. This could include but is not limited to: supplier prequalification, terms and conditions, warranty resolution, material discrepancy, bidding standards, and record retention.
4. Maintain positive collaboration through professional effective written and oral communications.
5. Develop supplier relationships and provide timely responses to questions. Uses reporting tools and analysis to drive clear and concise communication.
6. Ensures adherence to General Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial laws (SEC), Company policies, internal controls (SOX) and Principles of Business Conduct (PBC), etc.
7. Perform other duties as required.
Education and Work Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field, with no experience required.
Purchasing Buyer of Services
Use a variety of sourcing strategies to create and execute a variety of service agreements which communicate product specifications and service requirements in support of Company operations. Ensure compliance to Company policies, to protect the Company from all risks and liabilities. Agreements can range from low-dollar to multi-million-dollar agreements, and will span multiple types of services.
1. Receive and review a wide variety of contract requests and select the most appropriate sourcing strategy based on the situation and the scope of work. May support one or more specialized areas requiring an increased depth of knowledge.
2. Provide timely, accurate and cost effective contractual agreements to support Company operations with an uninterrupted flow of materials and services.
3. Conduct and review bid proposals from suppliers and recommend or enter into contracts to meet the desired scope of work.
4. Maintain competitive pricing with an emphasis on cost reductions, quality and supplier performance through competitive bid events, price negotiations, cost modeling, or other sourcing techniques.
5. Identify supplier performance issues and work with multiple parties (internal and external to FCX) to resolve issues.
6. Establish a strong and competitive supply base by identifying and qualifying new suppliers, and by evaluating and improving existing suppliers. Develop, maintain and enforce supplier scorecards where appropriate.
7. Ensure compliance to Company, environmental and governmental policies and regulations, in order to reduce or eliminate Company liability.
8. Collaborate with assigned end user groups to review existing agreements and plan for upcoming services needs.
9. Act as a training resource to end users on policy, process and systems training.
10. Resolve transaction discrepancies in a timely manner.
11. Recommend changes to new or existing corporate policies and procedures.
12. Perform other duties as requested.
Education and Work Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field and three (3) years experience in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field.
Passion feeds our need to exceed all expectations and commitments.
Integrity demands that our clients, colleagues and associates all see a consistent level of passion.
Commitment allows us to approach every service and solution with integrity.
Just as these values rely on one another, so do we support Arizona business as a leader in the marketplace.
Allstaff Services, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great opportunity to build a career as this company promotes from within and develops personnel into well-rounded team members.
At Allstaff Services Inc., we believe all business should be approached with Passion, Integrity, and Commitment. Passion feeds our need to exceed all expectations and commitments. Integrity demands that our clients, colleagues and associates all see a consistent level of passion. Commitment allows us to approach every service and solution with integrity. Just as these values rely on one another, so do we support Arizona business as a leader in the marketplace.