We service all areas of the food industry, from the finest hotels and restaurants to both chain and independent retailers, as well as caterers and banquet halls.
We are looking for energetic, reliable and enthusiastic applicants who want to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Customer service orientated
- Communication skills
- Check, verify and accurately process AP invoices ensuring proper GL coding and approvals.
- Prepare batch check runs and wire transfers.
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales ensuring proper sales taxes are charged.
- Prepare, post and coordinate deposit activities.
- Investigate and resolve any AP/AR/GL discrepancies.
- Conducting warm collection calls and emails on past due invoices to ensure clients meet payment terms and timeline accordingly.
- Assist the Controller with month end and year end financial reporting and manage GL account reconciliation.
- Assist with monthly HST remittances and bank reconciliations.
- Perform administrative duties and other ad hoc reports for the accounting department, as requested.
- Ensure the strictest level of privacy and confidentiality.
- Sort and file documents according to established filing systems
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
Requirements (Job Specification)
- Business, Accounting or related.
- 2-5 years' work experience in AP / AR.
- Strong knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable including payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Ability to maintain general ledgers.
- Accounting experience in manufacturing considered an asset.