Sr Software Engineer (Front End) - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Veradigm, an Allscripts business, offers real world evidence with the largest patient-level electronic health records (EHR) research database (Health Insights), registries, analytic platform (Evalytica), and retrospective and prospective research services.
Veradigm is seeking a qualified Front End Engineer to help design, develop, test and implement software applications.
This role will be responsible for:
- Design and develop web applications and front-end components
- Provide input in the drive for constantly improving the scalability, extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability and performance of Veradigm software products
- Determine accurate and detailed development work estimates, and provide timely and accurate reporting of project status
- Translate requirements to wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to communicate user interaction and design concepts
- Present designs and prototypes to peers, management and clients
- Liaise with Business Analysts to ensure that requirements are understood
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
- Prepare and execute unit tests
- Produce efficient and fully documented code
- Translate high-fidelity designs/layouts to functional user interfaces and screens
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Complete peer code reviews
- Develop supporting technical and implementation documentation
- Conduct troubleshooting and resolution of bugs
- Escalate product issues in a timely fashion with suggested product improvements
- Develop and maintain internal software tools
- Identify bottlenecks and improve software efficiency
- Support security practices
Education and Professional Qualifications
- B.S. in Computer Science, or similar technical discipline.
Experience / Technical Skills
- 4-7 years of relevant experience as Software Engineer
- Previous experience as a front-end engineer
- Demonstrable understanding of software engineering principles and methods, technology and standards, and agile methodology
- Proficient in modern Angular and TypeScript, including the ability to write comprehensive unit tests
- Experience with Bootstrap, SASS, JSON
- Experience with data visualization tools, libraries and techniques
- Practical exposure and/or experience with micro front-end architecture and microservice architecture
- Experience developing cloud-based platforms in Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience in Restful APIs, SSO and OAuth
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge and experience building secure platforms in accordance with secure development lifecycle standards, in healthcare setting is preferred
- Experience with security by design principles preferred
- Experience with wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Experience with documenting application designs and interfaces
- Software development in life sciences / pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Understanding of validated software development in a regulated environment preferred
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with all phases of an SDLC preferred
- Broad understanding of internet protocols and network programming preferred
We strongly advocate that our associates receive all CDC recommended vaccinations in prevention of COVID-19.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire. Allscripts is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursing and hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.Thank you for reviewing this Allscripts opportunity! Does this look like a great match for your skill set? If so, scroll on down and tell us more about yourself!
TechnologyView all jobs at Allscripts