Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote)
Allscripts Richmond, VA
- Expired: September 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Design, develop, test and implement software applications. This role is involved in all stages and all areas of software development as well as architecture design, performance evaluation, code review, and internal tool management.
- Develop and implement scalable applications, web services and APIs
- Provide input in the drive for constantly improving the scalability, extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability and performance of Allscripts' software products
- Determine accurate and detailed development work estimates, and provide timely and accurate reporting of project status
- Translate requirements to wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to communicate user interaction and design concepts
- Present designs and prototypes to peers, management and clients
- Liaise with Business Analysts to ensure that requirements are understood
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
- Prepare and execute unit tests
- Produce efficient and fully documented code
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Complete peer code reviews
- Develop supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
- Conduct troubleshooting and resolution of bugs
- Escalate product issues in a timely fashion with suggested product improvements
- Develop and maintain internal software tools
- Identify bottlenecks and improve software efficiency
- Support Allscripts security practices
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or similar technical discipline.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience as Software Engineer
- Previous experience as a full stack engineer
- Demonstrable understanding of software engineering principles and methods, technology and standards, and agile methodology
- Proficient in back-end languages including C#, Java, Python,
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- High-level project management skills
- Experience developing cloud-based platforms in Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Experience in Microservice architecture, Restful APIs, SSO and OAuth
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge and experience building secure platforms in accordance with secure development lifecycle standards, in healthcare setting is preferred
- Experience with security by design principles preferred
- Experience with wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping tools
- Experience with documenting application designs and interfaces
- Software development in life sciences / pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Understanding of validated software development in a regulated environment preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques preferred
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience with all phases of an SDLC preferred
- Broad understanding of internet protocols and network programming preferred
- May require local travel.
- May require other travel for business needs.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act we are disclosing the compensation range for roles that will be or could be performed in Colorado. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply. Salary Range: Minimum: $96,398 Salary Maximum:$125,318. Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Allscripts