Expert Business Analyst
- Expired: April 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary purpose of Expert Business Analyst role is responsibility for creating the business and/or functional requirements necessary for technology solutions that meet customer needs, expected delivery dates, and exceptional quality standards. The Expert Business Analyst will be responsible for clinical application/technical support, operational tasks and project based activities.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Possess expert level functional knowledge of assigned application technology.
- Interact with business users to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Serve liaison role between application technology vendors, internal IS groups, and business users.
- Translate business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases.
- Deliver functional specifications, design documents, business process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests to be used by Systems Analyst.
- Interact with Systems Analysts during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
- Serve as leader of team or project overseeing work performed by more junior business analysts.
- Perform functional application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
- Design and execute functional, integration, and regression test plans for new application functionality, product releases and enhancement and regulatory modifications using business scenarios and use cases.
- Ensure programs meet business specifications.
- Demonstrate new functionality to business users seeking inputs on future direction.
- Review vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product.
- Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
- Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations.
These are consistent accountabilities for all staff.
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts.
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers' business objectives.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined standards.
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred and/or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 5-7 years Health IT Industry experience preferred
- 7-10 years practical experience in providing technical support and maintenance on clinical applications preferred
- Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager experience required
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to thrive in a highly critical environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Allscripts