13 week contract, multiple shifts available!
Minimum qualifications required:
1. Registered nursing license
1. Psychiatry and or geriatric related experience
1. Collect baseline data from patients or others utilizing principles of medical/psychiatric nursing and concepts from selected nursing and other theories that identify factors affecting patient care.
2. Analyze ongoing data to determine patient acuity level and changing need for nursing care.
3. Translate assessment findings and set priorities for nursing action according to patient needs.
4. Establish patient plan of care with expected outcomes for planned nursing interventions.
5. Collaborate with physician and/or RNCB, RNC, other appropriate multidisciplinary staff concerning the clinical status of patients or problem in the delivery of patient care.
6. Establish staff assignments that provide appropriate accountability and continuity for patient's self-care.
7. Assist in maintaining a current unit staff schedule and supervise staffing levels.
8. Participate in the development and revision of treatment team plans and patient teaching programs.
9. Collaborate with nursing supervisors in planning and implementing unit activities.
10. Assist in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and staff.
11. Participate in treatment planning and patient teaching programs.
12. Delegate responsibilities as appropriate to qualified nursing staff.
13. Assesses psychiatric and medical status and pain level prior to patient utilizing off-grounds privileging system.
14. Completes assessments per policy (Comprehensive Admission Nursing Assessments, Pain, Falls, Dysphagia, Skin Integrity) within designated timeframes.
15. Plans delivery of nursing care utilizing a person-centered and trauma informed perspective.
16. Coordinates nursing care with activities of other disciplines and/or changes in the patient’s schedule, e.g., off unit activities, appointments, etc.
17. Utilizes least restrictive interventions and trauma informed approach to intervene with escalating patients.
18. Meets with patients on an on-going basis for therapeutic interactions, problem-solving, stress management, crisis management, and psychiatric/ physical health education.
19. Utilizes unstructured time to engage patients in discussion and activities to promote progress toward expected behaviors and health care needs.
20. Manages scheduled or impromptu educational groups to enhance aspects of patient health and knowledge and to diminish the amount of “downtime” in the milieu.
21. Recognizes and resolves barriers to patient progress toward expected behaviors, medical conditions, privileging achievements and other gains toward self-care, independence, social interactions, and self-actualization.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $34.00 to $38.00 /hour