Vice President, Structural Engineering - Utilities
Alloy Structures Houston Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Vice President of Engineering is responsible for leading and managing a multi-disciplined team of engineers, technicians, and drafters who design quality steel structures for the utility, communications, OEM, and custom industries . The Vice President requires strong management skills and an equal commitment to growing the company.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Propagate a client-driven culture that develops lasting relationships with customers
- Lead and grow Engineering and Drafting team
- Create a sustainable and long-lasting training program for incoming engineers
- Design, report and improve on select KPIs to senior staff
- Work with the engineering standards group to implement calculation methodologies that achieve design optimizations
- Develop and implement an Engineering Quality Assurance program that complies with ISO 9001:2008
- Deliver technical presentations at trade shows such as: IEEE, TSDOS, USMA, SEE, SEl/ASCE amongst others
- Active participation and membership in one or more of the following organizations: ASTM, AWS, AlSC, ASCE
- Strong knowledge of PLS-POLE, PLS-CAD
- Knowledge and experience utilizing FEA software packages
- Minimum 10 years of previous experience in Structural Engineering and at least 5 years as an Engineering Manager
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Organized with the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Detail-oriented, energetic, and a bias for action are a must
- Experience with teaching structural engineering principals is a plus
- Publication of technical standards for any of the following organizations: ASTM, ASW, AISC, ASCE
- Entrepreneurial in nature and interested in business management
- Experience using Solidworks Simulation FEA
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience working with utilities in North America
Alloy Structures HoustonWhy Work Here?
Are you ready to join the leader in alloy structures?
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
EngineeringView all jobs at Alloy Structures Houston