The Rehabilitation and Rescue Assistant is a full-time position that supports theRehabilitation and Rescue Department of Dorchester Paws in Summerville, SC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Ensure the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of animal files
- Assist with medical data entry
- Assist in the transferring and communications for animals to Rescue Partners
- Assist with placement of animals in Adoption Ambassador, Fosters, and Rescues
- Have knowledge of all intake procedures, and Dorchester Paws procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Be comfortable working closely with animals.
- Back up for animal care staff
- Ensure proper assessments of animals are completed as well behavior modifications are put in place
- Researches new rescue groups
- Be back up for Emergency foster line
- Be able to pull foster reports
- Lead playgroups
TheRehabilitation and Rescue Assistant will work both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to stand, walk, and move for extended periods of time. Must be able to have reliable transportation to conduct all work at the shelter in Summerville. This role requires flexibility and the ability to stand, lift, kneel, crouch, and bend. The job requires sitting at a computer and using the phone frequently.
- The ability to make rational decisions and be professional in an emotional environment/situation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability and desire to interface with the public, volunteers, and key organizational partners
- Ability to stay focused on the priorities of the job; strong time management skills with the ability to handle numerous responsibilities at once and work well under pressure
- Ability to work and think independently; proven organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to implement proactive solutions
- Weekend and evening availability
- Basic understanding of and passion for animal welfare
Allora Solutions Group