Intern, R Programmer - Remote
Allogene Therapeutics South San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking an R Programmer Intern to join our Biometrics organization. The Intern will gain advanced technical skills during a full-time summer internship. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a successful clinical-stage biotech company. The primary goal of the internship project is to work on data science projects to build R based analysis and applications. As part of the project, we will develop interactive dashboards and visualizations based on statistical models you create.
This role is based remotely during summer break.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Convert Clinical data from various formats such as SAS, Excel, CSV files into R data frames/Tibbles and perform data analysis.
- Perform statistical analysis with clinical and translational data and create visualizations and reports.
- Collaborate with Statistical programming and Data Management to create reports such as EDC listings, Patient profiles and other reports as needed.
- Create interactive dashboards including interactive safety tables, listings and graphs using basic R packages, R Shiny etc. and publish these reports into Allogene R environment.
- Create functions and packages using R to automate the tasks.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university program with at least 2 completed years of college coursework
- Majoring in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Clinical Research, etc.
- Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Be able to work at least 30 hours a week
- Must be able to intern remotely through late August 2021
- Experience with R Programming using Rstudio - rCharts, ggplot2, DT, dplyr, tidyverse, Flexdashboard.
- Experience R Shiny, R Markdowns, Flexdashboard components, HTML widgets and SQL is a plus
- Familiar with AWS and relevant operating systems, e.g. UNIX, Linux
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical models (linear/logistic regression, cluster, factor analysis) is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US
- Visa sponsorship is not available for our internship positions
- Employment is contingent upon completion of pre-hire requirements
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
this is a remote position
AddressSouth San Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Allogene Therapeutics