Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BACKGROUND: Pharmacy Technicians currently support the bulk of off phone work related to prescription refills, i.e. electronic prescriptions, telephone encounters, and faxes.
The Pharmacy Technician, will be responsible for receiving electronic prescriptions, researching Electronic Medical Record, and fulfilling requests following enterprise prescription refill protocol. In addition, will communicate with patients, physicians and pharmacists with regard to prescription refills, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity.
Essential Job Functions
1. Receives and responds to prescription inquiries from all communication venues: e.g. phone, Telephone Encounter, department e-mail box or fax.
2. Verifies validity of prescription requests received
3. Prepares and fills prescriptions accurately and efficiently following a standard organization protocol
4. Exhibits excellent customer service skills while providing complete and accurate information to customers
5. Compiles and reports data for ongoing key performance indicators and summarizes and presents findings to departmental leadership. Notifies manager of trends observed.
6. Adheres to assigned schedule and quality metrics.
7. Provides clerical and/or administrative support to clinical staff and managers for special studies, projects and reports.
8. Provides excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
10. May act as a team lead for ad hoc projects and departmental initiatives as assigned
11. Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of three years’ experience in a retail pharmacy/customer service
Extensive knowledge of the Medicare Part D, particularly the pharmacy record review, claims, billing and reimbursement rules
Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and CMS security requirements
Working knowledge of Medicare Part B and Part D coverage guidelines and payment methodologies
General writing skills and ability to produce work free from typographical or spelling errors.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
ALLMED STAFFING INCWhy Work Here?
ALLMED provides tremendous support, pay at top level and pays weekly; benefits available.
Allmed is a National Staffing and Recruiting company offering short and long term staffing solutions. We have supplied staffing solutions for providers and managed care organizations throughout the United States since 2003. We work with public and private firms seeking innovative, effective solutions for short and long term staffing strategies that works specifically for them.
AddressSan Antonio, TX