Allison+Partners is seeking an Account Executive who can demonstrate ownership of projects and account work, strong follow-through and the ability to work with team and management.
AEs begin to help manage junior team members, teach new team members the systems and protocols of assigned clients and agency life. This role is also the first step in client accountability. AEs are actively researching and pitching media to secure coverage and build relationships. They are engrained in assigned client industries, actively sharing insights and trends to stretch the team’s thinking. High emphasis is placed on AEs honing their writing skills at this level. They also become more actively engaged in the new business process. This role will support a variety of clients in the consumer, financial services and tech industry.
- Actively pitches media to secure client coverage leveraging established media relationships
- Regularly meet with media in-person for effective relationship building
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of comms industry and media activity, and actively shares with team and clients, as appropriate
- Drafts press materials, client recommendations, award and executive speaking submissions, and bylines effectively and efficiently
- Develops story angles, both planned and proactive, on behalf of clients
- Demonstrates solid working knowledge of clients, products, competitors, industry, etc.
- Directs and supports event logistics and execution, including on-site support for team and client
- Manages time and projects well, meeting all objectives and deadlines
- Acts as the right hand person to supervising senior account executive or account manager
- BA or BS in related field required
- Requires 3-5 years of public relations, marketing or related experience
- Excellent writer and shared examples
- Established media relationships
- Event and tradeshow experience
- Experience in managing speakers bureau, awards and conference programs
- Ability to prioritize workload, demonstrate effective time management skills
- Strong communicator with team, client and media, both written and verbal
- Thinks strategically and demonstrates creative thinking
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude, relentless attention to detail and effective multi-task