Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health clinics are committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care. Allina Health clinics provide primary care, specialty care and urgent care services to people in 41 communities. More than 750 health care practitioners help patients identify health risks, manage chronic illness and find their path to better health.
- Provides psychiatric services to a diverse, adult patient population within the clinic
- Provide direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions, in a primary care setting
- Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
- Champion primary care behavioral health, a model of integrated care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary primary care teams
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
- Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
- Mix of short term care and complex care. The short term care model is defined as time-limited treatment by a Psychiatrist (on average 1-5 visits) with the expectation that the primary care provider, or referring provider, will resume medical management
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine.
- Completion of a psychiatry residency
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board Certified in Psychiatry within 2 years of hire
- Team-oriented; relates well with patients, families and multi-disciplinary clinical partners
- Practices evidence-based decision making and supports clinical quality improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitive listening/questioning abilities
- Exhibits time efficiency, flexibility and ability to manage in a high paced environment
- 3 days per week (0.6 FTE)
- Work with a team of psychiatry providers based in a primary care clinic. Work in close collaboration with primary care providers to see patients in a short term consultative model of psychiatry. Collaborate with primary care with electronic consultation and other integrative practices in psychiatry.
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.