As a 0.5FTE (20 Hours per week) this role would work about 2.5-3 days per week
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health Home Care Services provides skilled medical care for patients and families needing rehabilitation, advanced-illness or end-of-life care. With headquarters located in St. Paul, Minn., services are provided in 30 Minnesota counties, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Evaluation and management of geriatric patients in their home. Physician will partner with team Nurse practitioners to provide primary care to patients. Care coordination with the interdisciplinary Complex Care Program team, including regular attendance at interdisciplinary team meetings. Complete advanced care planning with all patients in conjunction with collaborating Nurse Practitioners.
- Visit expectations will be discussed with Complex Care Program operations manager and interdisciplinary care team. Visit frequency is determined by patient need and risk/complexity. The nurse practitioner and physician will share a case load.
- Physicians are expected to be available to their collaborative Nurse practitioner partners via phone M-F.
- Regular communication given whenever there is a significant change in condition or at an interval agreed to.
- Willingness to participate in team call.
- Complete advanced care planning with all patients in conjunction with collaborating nurse practitioner.
- Knowledge and active management of Complex Care for Seniors quality metrics.
- Close charts in 72 hours of visit.
- Maintain regular and consistent hours.
- Become knowledgeable and understand protocols for ordering labs, medications/immunizations, and imaging.
- Understand regulations that govern care.
- Review and actively work to improve quality goals.
- Behavior is friendly, professional and positive in all interactions.
- Functions as a collaborative member with nurse practitioners, clinical assistants, triage, interdisciplinary team, and administrative staff.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, read Senior Health communications, and participate in advancing strategic goals.
- Meet visit and panel expectations set for the practice.