Manufacturing Supervisor 1st Shift - Bilingual Spanish
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Allied West Paper Corp. (AWP) is an industry-leading, FSC®-certified paper converter producing innovative bath tissue, paper towels, paper napkins, and facial tissue for the retail and commercial markets. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor to join our fast paced, growth oriented manufacturing company.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is intricately involved in overseeing daily production activities to include; staffing, production scheduling and supporting production improvements.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ability to keep pace commensurate to fast paced work load across multiple production lines, with 50 workers per shift, 200+ finished SKU’s.
- Directly oversee 1st shift production and the daily production activities of the plant and provide strategic leadership and direction for multiple areas of the plant operations.
- Determine line capabilities (throughput, changeover time, crewing) and update as goals are exceeded or new product configurations are introduced.
- Designs short-term strategies, procedures and people utilization with an end goal of improving equipment reliability, efficiency, productivity and performance while reducing inventory and waste and also maintaining productivity and performance while reducing inventory and waste and also maintaining product quality and operating expenses.
- Work to create a Visual Factor where shift production goals are communicated and process monitors show hourly attainment towards those goals.
- Include production, quality and maintenance team members in shift debrief to explore “What Went Well and What Could We Do Differently”, along with action items to address issues and assign accountabilities.
- Ensures standardization of CI activities across the plant by assuring that processes and best practices are communicated, training and mentoring are encouraged, and the team has the tools needed to make them succeed and be accountable.
- Designs short-term strategies, procedures and people utilization with an end goal of improving equipment reliability, efficiency, productivity and performance.
- Maintain and communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to demonstrate and celebrate progress towards Safety, Production and Quality goals.
- Work closely with production supervision to build a strong, motivated, efficient, well trained production team through effective feedback methods. Common methods include: daily conversations throughout the Shop, developing and implementing training programs, recognition programs, and timely performance appraisals.
- Provide technical expertise and input in resolving bottlenecks to throughput; determine efficient methods for worker and equipment utilization.
- Bilingual Spanish Required
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience required, with a minimum of 3 years supervisory or management experience.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of continuous improvement tools including experience in 5s implementation concepts and implementation methods a plus.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (MS) (i.e. MS Word, Excel, and MS Outlook)
Allied West Paper
11101 Etiwanda Ave FontanaSan Bernardino, CA
Get fresh Bilingual Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.