Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
- Posted: 10 days ago
- $70,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Allied West Paper Corp. (AWP) is an industry-leading, FSC-certified paper converter producing innovative bath tissue, paper towels, paper napkins, and facial tissue for the retail and commercial markets. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Mechanic (Electromechanical) to join our 2nd shift fast paced, growth-oriented manufacturing company.
The maintenance mechanic will troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain industrial production machinery, packaging lines, material handling equipment, conveyors, palletizers and other Industrial machinery as needed throughout our manufacturing plant.
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical/electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
Troubleshooting of motor control centers and programmable logic controls (1000 volt and below), HMI screens, Servo motor and controllers is preferred
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
· Controls downtime by interacting and informing production workers, quality assurance and other maintenance technicians of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance, improving quality, modify and maximize plant outputs while maintaining efficiency and safety.
· Assist with efficient equipment changes to accommodate production needs.
· Perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs to prevent equipment failure.
· Ability to multi-task and have the ability to learn new processes.
· Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and technical manual, read, comprehend and document procedures in English.
· 4 years’ + experience as an Industrial/ Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic
· Strong knowledge of power transmission, timing pullies, belts, etc.
Knowledge of industrial machinery electrical issues and troubleshooting skills is also required.
· Good manual dexterity.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to reach with hands and arm’s length, bend and stoop, walk and stand consistently for long periods of time.
Allied West Paper Corp. is proud to offer competitive wages and benefits.
Allied West Paper Corp.is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Allied West Paper
11101 Etiwanda Ave FontanaFontana, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?